UBD Australian City Streets V3 DVD

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
dohertys
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by dohertys » 03 April 06 8:22 pm

riblit wrote:
president & 1st lady wrote:We've got the UBD dvd, we've got the most recent Ozi, we've got the calibration files but we can't get ozi and ubd to cooperate! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I keep getting an error message the image type .CMP is not supported in this version. It's a map file of Brisbane!

Or I select a Sydney map, I get a message saying the file cannot be found. Exactly the same process for both maps, but different errors. And no maps in Ozi :evil: .

Can any of you cleverer Ozi/UBD users shed any light?

1st lady
from the oziexplorer web site:
OziExplorer versions 3.95.4j and later versions can load the maps from the DVD.

which version are you running?

Open Ozi, Click Help -> About
P&1stL said that they had the most recent version but it is worth double checking.
</p>

I am a bit concerned about what map file they are actually trying to load though. There is only ONE sydney map. Also .CMP is an extension that is associated with the UBD install.
</p>
P&1stL, can you confirm that from within OZI you go file>load from file>Load Map file and the browse to your "OziexplorerMapsUBD City Streets V3" folder and select a .map file from there.
</p>
I have a suspicion that you are in fact browsing across to the UBD install area to load a map and only finding a CMP file that looks like it might be something useful. (I just tried this and it definitely does not work!)

president & 1st lady
1250 or more geocaches found
1250 or more geocaches found

Post by president & 1st lady » 13 April 06 12:03 am

Hooray!! It's working! Thanx for the help.

Riblit, we've got the correct version of Ozi, 3.95.4k

Dohertys, you are correct, I have been browsing the UBD install stuff. Oops! I hadn't been using the path that you specified either. Thanx for pointing that out. The Sydney maps, I consider Woolongong to be an 'extension' of Sydney, even though it's not really, and Woolongong was in the Sydney folder.

The easy solution, file>configuration>maps and images - then select the path. That's all I changed and it's working a treat on the pc now.

As for the laptop, well it's just too old to cope with the software that we need for this to work. We need to upgrade windows and I really don't think it has enough memory for that, we're down to under 300mb. Time for a new laptop, hehehe. For the mean time we've reasigned The Prez's work laptop for geocaching, he is on holidays as of tommorrow anyway, so it's no biggy.

This is pretty cool now that it's all working. The maps are pretty awesome. The UBD software has some useful features that GeoNads was checking out too.

Thanx guys for your help, Nads, that means you too mate. :) :)

1st lady

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Post by J_&_J » 27 May 06 11:59 pm

We've finally upgraded our old dinosaur of a computer, and we too can finally get Ozi to cooperate with the UBD DVD. Hopefully this will now save many fruitless drives along the wrong roads in suburban Adelaide. The new computer also gives us access to Google Earth for the first time, so we're having heaps of fun with that at the moment. I have noticed GE shows some waypoints not quite where they actually are though.