Rob & Lisa - OziExp Download Format

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
vombatus
300 or more found
300 or more found

Rob & Lisa - OziExp Download Format

Post by vombatus » 14 June 05 8:22 pm

I have just bombed my computer and now when I download waypoints from Rob & Lisa I cannot save in .wpt format.

It seems to download as .wpt but when I save it only gives me the option of .txt.

I am sure it will be simple but even the simplest things sometimes slip right by.

Anyone help? Anyone! Anyone!

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 14 June 05 10:47 pm

open the text file in Ozi, under navigation or gps i think, then save as a wpt file.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 14 June 05 10:48 pm

OK, felt guilty enough to do it properly. Open ozi: GPS button (Mine is Garmin) > Text file support> Get waypoints from WP+ text file. Then save as wpt file. (Save button next to Load button LHS top).

Hmm, just reread your question, not even sure if I am on the right track :P
It will save from txt to WPT my way, but yours now sounds like a prob with the .wpt files from R+L ?

Have you simply tried clicking (once) on the icon and renaming (F2) it to a .wpt file ?

Team Jeckyl
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Team Jeckyl » 15 June 05 1:26 am

When you save the file, just select "all files" in the Save as Type dialog box, it will automatically save the file as .wpt for OziExplorer.
Gwen

vombatus
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by vombatus » 19 June 05 2:05 pm

OK. I knew it would be easy and thanks for your help. "All files" simple! Now for the next in a series of silly questions. Why is Australian Caches so far out of date? Last update was 20th May!!.

sc00t
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by sc00t » 27 June 05 10:27 pm

Last update was 20th May!!.
<br><br>
Yeah, is there anywhere else to go that offers this sort of stuff. I mainly need all NSW caches in txt or csv format.
<br><br>
Anybody know anywhere???

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 27 June 05 10:41 pm

sc00t wrote:
Last update was 20th May!!.
<br><br>
Yeah, is there anywhere else to go that offers this sort of stuff. I mainly need all NSW caches in txt or csv format.
<br><br>
Anybody know anywhere???
I don't know of a site that has all the caches, however gc.com will sell you the list of their caches (but not as a txt or csv) and gca (when it is up again,) will give you a list of the caches they have listed, and if you ask i! you could end up with it as a txt or csv file.

sc00t
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by sc00t » 27 June 05 10:52 pm

we have premium membership but you are still limited to 500 caches...and no csv.
<br>Hopefully Roblisa comes back up soon....i need info :)

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 27 June 05 11:41 pm

sc00t wrote:we have premium membership but you are still limited to 500 caches...and no csv.
<br>Hopefully Roblisa comes back up soon....i need info :)
You can run more than 1 PQ and get the lot. 10 PQs by date should do it. <br />Once you get the lot once, the new caches and changed caches lists should keep them up to date.<br />
You can convert the PQ to almost anything, including text and xcsv, with GPSBabel.

sc00t
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by sc00t » 28 June 05 9:52 am

i see...thanks<br>not quite as easy as RobLisa though :?