Training Video

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
embi
400 or more spectacular views seen

Training Video

Post by embi » 15 May 05 3:22 pm

I am wondering if anyone knows of software I can get that will "record" me using my pc.

I want to make a dvd that can be shown at the Dubbo event to demonstrate the approval process.

If I can get software that can make an avi file etc. I can convert it to DVD, but I need something I can make the "movie" with first. Something that can have audio added to it.

Thanks in advance

maccamob
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by maccamob » 15 May 05 3:44 pm

Does your laptop have a video-out jack for use with a TV? If so, hook that up to the video-in on your video camera and record away.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 15 May 05 3:52 pm

The perfect solution: Wink
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

It lets you add balloon comments to screenshots and short video captures, typically saving them as Flash files.

I, for one, would love to see the results as I've often wondered about the approval process but never got around to asking you or Snoopy!

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 15 May 05 4:37 pm

Yes, I too wish to see the two tin cans marked YES or NO and the pebbles you throw in them from the other side of the room.

Beats the slow old way of the yanks though.

That was where they divided a room into halves, one side Yes one side No and then fed the Geo-Cat 30 pounds of Alpo cat food with a high concentration of laxative subtly mixed in.,

Mr "ring burner" kitty would soon help decided if the cache got the approval...

I think that was how keystone got picked too wasnt it?

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 15 May 05 4:45 pm

I had a modified dart board with with yes, maybe, query, let them wait x days and instant archive(no).Image
Last edited by swampgecko on 15 May 05 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

embi

Post by embi » 15 May 05 5:03 pm

maccamob wrote:Does your laptop have a video-out jack for use with a TV? If so, hook that up to the video-in on your video camera and record away.
Too much like hard work seeing I dont have a video out jack or a video camera. :(
Bear_Left wrote:The perfect solution: Wink
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

It lets you add balloon comments to screenshots and short video captures, typically saving them as Flash files.

I, for one, would love to see the results as I've often wondered about the approval process but never got around to asking you or Snoopy!

I'll have a play around with this though and see what i come up with. I have a program that will convert a flash movie to DVD so it may just work. Not sure if I can add sound to it though.

Anyone else have an option for sound?

Derringer
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Derringer » 15 May 05 6:36 pm

Try Snag It 7 available from http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp
You can buy it or try it for 30 days first.

Kevin

From the help file:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video Capture Overview
Video Capture Mode allows you to take a movie of what is happening on your screen. There Anyone who has used a video camera knows the value of video when compared to snapshots. And, if you have gone to the movies lately, you have seen computer-enhanced moving images in animation and special effects.

Imagine having some of this same power on your own computer. Overall, using SnagIt Video Capture can dramatically change how you interact with your computer.

Here are some of the ways people are making using Video Capture:
Creating Windows program demonstrations that show the movement of the cursor, selection of menus, interaction with programs (such as entering text or commands), and the finish. These demonstrations, when shown to users or possible users, can illustrate the high points of a program and how the program can be used.

embi

Post by embi » 15 May 05 7:44 pm

Ah I have snag it here but hadnt thought about using that....

Doc71

Post by Doc71 » 16 May 05 12:14 am

It can be done on MS Powerpoint 2003. If you have it use the online help menu. search for "import sound and movie".

hope this helps. :D