CacheMonkey v2.0.2 BETA already with GPX Import

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 01 July 03 3:22 pm

The latest change has stopped cachemonkey again..
It goes through the motions without capturing anything..<br>

Brad - can you change the user agent from Java/1.4.1_02 to something like Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; windows NT 5.1)
A http log search would show the java agent and could trigger the admins to change the pages. :evil:

Team Stargazer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Team Stargazer » 01 July 03 10:48 pm

Ok, I've downloaded CacheMonkey V2.0.2 Beta & all the extra updates etc. & I know that currently "The latest change has stopped cachemonkey again..." But I think I've got everything up to date atm.

So, is there an instruction page some where explaining the features of CacheMonkey, what all the tabs & settings do under "options" etc, so I can learn how to "drive" this thing?

It might become clearer when it stops going "through the motions without capturing anything.."

:wink:

team unicycle
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by team unicycle » 01 July 03 11:26 pm

gc.com has trouble keeping up with demand so they make it harder to use. Isn't that how the typewriter/computer keyboard ended up laid out how it is - make it difficult to use to slow people down.

CacheMonkey

Post by CacheMonkey » 02 July 03 10:02 am

Ill have a look at cachemonkey again when i get a chance, might be today or tommorow. Jeremy is going to keep updating the site and this will 99% of the time kill cachemonkey. Im not sure if i can change the Agent name to Mozilla or anything more subtle, i dont even think i want to , Jeremy knows who makes CacheMonkey, its not exactly a secret, and hes not very happy about it either. He hasnt done anything yet to try and stop it functioning so I dont want to start getting sneaky to provoke him. He could easily stop Cachemonkey from working if he wanted to.