MetroGuide vs City Navigator

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Cached
2500 or more caches found

MetroGuide vs City Navigator

Post by Cached » 06 April 05 4:05 pm

OK,

I have metroguide already.

Apart from autorouting, do I get a good increase in functionality or actual maps in CNA?

Do you actually lose any maps that aren't in Metro areas?

Is there any benefit to having both?

abuseme

Post by abuseme » 07 April 05 1:40 am

You can view the difference using Garims Cartography online. You can bring up a windows with both Metroguide and City Navigator 5. As it stands at the moment most of Metroguide is covered in City Navigator 5 but with updated information. If you are in an ever changing area such as a capital city the City Navigator will be a LOT more up to date and in accordance to GME Australia Metroguide will not have an update to late this year if not next year.

Skippy&lambchops
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Skippy&lambchops » 07 April 05 10:40 am

metroguide has about 85% of roads streets of Australia on database compared to City nav 25% City nav only shows major roads inbetween larger towns , EG: the 2 roads that travel alng side the river murray from Blanchtown to morhan are not shown on City nav and they are in Metro guide, also smaller towns aren't shown in city nav either, sheoak log and hamley bridge isn't on the map whereit is on metroguide. Also found there are towns not listed on both maps. Next time i buy a mapping I'm going for Magellian

Cached

Post by Cached » 07 April 05 10:46 am

Thats' what I was after - thanks!