Suggestions for Australian Garmin GPS mapping Software.

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Bronze

Post by Bronze » 25 February 05 8:46 pm

3 Weeks in Oz spilt by two states.

I'd spend more time looking out the window of what your going past then looking at a screen of a GPS. Some of the best places I have found in our wide brown land was on my way to a cache and I got lost - only to retun to hide a cache there myself.

If you can't get what you want - don't worry. There are planty of conventional road maps available here.

The Bronze.
"If you think noboby cares, try missing a couple of repayments".

Colonial Marine

Post by Colonial Marine » 28 February 05 6:20 am

aussiecoder, they dont even let dispatchers look at the internet, just a chosen few. Bronze, you are right on the money there, I'm not a GC nut, but I want to do a few "good" caches in or near WA and Briz whilst I am there. This trip is a scouting mission as a prelim to emigrating, we are sick of being whinging poms and want something to boast about, not hang our heads in shame. (did someone mention rugby union? :oops: )

I will put a post sometime soon in the international forum asking for your best cache recommendations for perth and brisbane. But I've got a nice bottle of Wolf Blass Shiraz which the wife and I are about to demolish, so that can wait for another time. Its been a hard days graft today now its time for some R & R :D

acts2youthgroup
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by acts2youthgroup » 28 February 05 7:41 am

If your thinking about, moving over here. then your checking out the wrong places, melbourne is the most livable city in the world, check us out.
this is a biast opinion :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colonial Marine

Post by Colonial Marine » 28 February 05 10:23 am

Acts, I dont doubt it, however I am limited where I can go,as only WA & Qsld will recognise my prior police service over here in blighty. So that's why its a two horse race at the moment!

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 28 February 05 10:29 am

Colonial Marine wrote:We are sick of being whinging poms and want something to boast about, not hang our heads in shame. (did someone mention rugby union? :oops: )
You don't need to come all the way to Australia to achieve that... You could just emigrate to Wales :lol: