NRMA maps

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....

NRMA maps

Post by swampgecko » 29 May 03 11:06 pm

http://www.mynrma.com.au/products/trave ... ndex.shtml

Stumbled across this tonight. Looks interesting for our needs.
I don't use oziexplorer(yet). So was wondering if anyone could look at this maps and see if they would be suitable for Oziexplorer

swampgecko

NRMA Maps

Post by swampgecko » 29 May 03 11:21 pm

Don't worry about this.... the maps aren't that good the RACV site is better :(

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 30 May 03 9:08 am

I've downloaded all the NRMA PDF maps and converted a couple for oziexp (badly, and tediously, given the lack of grid coords or projection info on most).

Those wanting a copy probably already know how to use an Atlas, once a certain monkey is done with it.

If you don't know how to use an Atlas, contact me privately.

- Rog

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 30 May 03 11:39 am

No offense intended Pesky. My attempt at being cryptic appears to have been misinterpreted. :?

tolmh

Post by tolmh » 16 March 05 8:54 pm

Well, I stumbled across this today:

http://maps.mynrma.com.au/TouringMaps/Data/

The link to a PDF map on the main site didn't work, so I googled for the filename (australia-7.pdf), and up popped this handy directory of .bsb and .kap files along with the usual PDFs. I guess they're for the TravelWiz maps that you can access online. They work a treat in Ozi - just import the .bsb then open the resulting .map. Might need to adjust the calibration slightly - I noticed a few Canberra caches were a little out of whack. Ozi reports 'Lambert Conformal Conic' projection, and there are only four calibration points for each map, one in each corner.

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 16 March 05 10:28 pm

http://www.mynrma.com.au/products/trave ... ndex.shtml Stumbled across this tonight. Looks interesting for our needs. I don't use oziexplorer(yet). So was wondering if anyone could look at this maps and see if they would be suitable for Oziexplorer
I was worried that swampy wasn't using ozi yet, and wondered how he'd survived as an 'approver'.

Then I realised the age of the post....

tolmh

Post by tolmh » 17 March 05 9:10 am

I searched to see if there was a thread already, and figured I might as well recycle those electrons. There are only 10130 of 'em, you know ;)