Playing with GSAK and iSilo

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Playing with GSAK and iSilo

Post by Aushiker » 20 January 05 8:10 pm

Hi

Need some help here. I have created a directory of cache files via GSAK, using the HTML export command. This creates a series of html files, gifs and jpegs.

I then followed the instructions to "Add an entry to the document list" to add all the files in the folder created by GSAK. Once I have the entry in the list, I have it convert and send the converted file to the PDA.

But I don't get the index page as my start page in the document on the PDA and when I do track it down it is not hot linked.

Thoughts?

The PDA is a Zire 21.

Thanks
Andrew

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 20 January 05 8:58 pm

Hi

Problem resolved. It seems I didn't have folder sorted properly and thus it built the document incorrectly.

Mind you it is a slow conversion process! At least the sync is quick.

I think I will be getting into my paperless geocaching :D

Cheers
Andrew

Dooghan

Post by Dooghan » 21 January 05 12:54 am

The way I did it was to open the index page in IE and click on the iSilox button in IE. Told iSilox to go 5 deep, not to grab off site pages and to stay within the directory. Took about 10 sec to do about 300 pages.

Dooghan

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 21 January 05 8:28 am

Hi Aushiker,

Just add index.html (only) and tell the iSilo conversion to follow links, it will then find all the other stuff. It's worth telling it to not follow off-site links in this case or it will start downloading stuff from other sites.

- Rog

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 21 January 05 10:14 am

Thanks for that advice. Went from a 3.5 mb conversion to abut 800 kb. Sweet! May have some more questions, if you all don't mind but will have to wait until I play a bit more and get home from work.

Once again thanks for the help.

Andrew