Recomended Computer forums (nongeocaching)

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 12 January 05 11:08 pm

If that doesn't work... the other tip would be to search with the relevant words on Google --> Groups... You will usually pick up relevant info on the various user groups...

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 13 January 05 9:41 am

Thanks for all the replys. I'll have another go at finding that menu Leek spoke of. I thought I'd been to the bottom of all menus but I'l double check.
I like the linux idea, in theory :twisted: , but that means another PC dosn't it? I think I have one (or the bits).

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 13 January 05 11:09 am

Geof wrote:Thanks for all the replys. I'll have another go at finding that menu Leek spoke of. I thought I'd been to the bottom of all menus but I'l double check.
I like the linux idea, in theory :twisted: , but that means another PC dosn't it? I think I have one (or the bits).
At the risk of being beaten up by the penquins, if you want a good firewall/router have a look at OpenBSD. It works well, has a good packet filter firewall and will run on almost anything.

Geof

Post by Geof » 13 January 05 12:33 pm

:D :D :D I think we have done it. Leek was on the money with the location to look - thanks. Also solved another problem in the process - had 2 modems installed and only one connected :oops: :oops: . I suspect some naughty program may have stuffed with some settings (its was throwen into service very rapidly after the Emporer penguin sys op went interstate and got a real job and installed "wife ver 1.0" :twisted: and no one knew how to crack his security when thing hit the fan (lasted over 8 months so it must have been good(problems were on hosts)).
Oh well now I can log caches in peace :P :P

Next project firewalls/ virus scanners thanks Riblit too I will check out that one. I was planing to use sygate - seems easy enough.