Access to the GA App

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Tuena
6500 or more caches found

Access to the GA App

Post by Tuena » 11 June 19 3:34 pm

I reset my GCA password today & have access to the site including the forum. I am unable to logon on to the GA App though. I reset the GCA supplied password to a more manageable one & logged on to the site OK but not the app despite using the correct password. Changed the password back to that supplied by GCA in the email & can access the site etc but not the GA app. Contacted mtrax who suggested I ask for assistance here.

I have a new Android phone which is the reason I reset the password as couldn't recall it & the password didn't transfer over from the old phone.

Thanks.

caughtatwork

Re: Access to the GA App

Post by caughtatwork » 11 June 19 4:16 pm

What troubleshooting did you and mtrax do on the device?
How does he store the cookie?
What error (if any) did he get back from the site?

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 11 June 19 8:15 pm

No trouble shooting - just said that I should be able to use it straight away. Stated I should contact the Admin people.

When I attempt to logon get an error that the username/password has an invalid value. Invalid username/password combination. The password is the one sent by GCA, all uppercase.

My email to the GA app author in part:

"I reset my GCA password today following the change of my mobile plan. I reset it & then changed it to a more manageable password. Waited a few hours then attempted to logon to your app but get an error - username & password invalid. The password had letters, numbers & a punctuation mark. Changed password back to the GCA supplied one & can logon to GCA incl. the forum but not your App." (I could logon to GCA using the more manageable password).

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 10e Android phone with software up to date.

Any assistance appreciated as just tried again but to no avail.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 June 19 8:57 am

The password you are using is not correct. We log incorrect password attempts and yours is coming up.
I have reset your password (which I will send you in an email).
I have logged onto the forum, the site and the app with the new reset password and it works, so I'm not sure what passwords you have set up.

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 12 June 19 10:33 am

Wonderful service - am able to access the app. Thanks muchly.