Problems inporting caches to Oregon 300

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
ClockworkLemon
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Problems inporting caches to Oregon 300

Post by ClockworkLemon » 20 May 18 2:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been getting back into caching since moving to a new state, and finally having things settle down a bit. However, in the (far too many) years since I last used my Oregon 300, things appear to have changed a bit. Back in the day I could go into a cache both on geocaching.com and geocaching.com.au, and upload that cache to my GPS. That functionality appears to be missing here on geocaching.com.au, and I'm stuffed if I can get it to work on.geocaching.com.

Anyway, I figured I could create a query, download the gpx file, and transfer that to my GPS. It sort of works, but the caches show up as waypoints, not geocaches. Does anyone have any idea how to get them to import as geocaches? Also, on a related note, does anyone have any idea how to remove existing geocaches from the Oregon 300? I've forgotten, and can't seem to find any instructions how.

Edit:
Welp, don't I feel a bit silly, turns out deleting the caches was as simple as deleting the gpx file from the GPS while it was connected to the computer... :oops:

ClockworkLemon
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Re: Problems inporting caches to Oregon 300

Post by ClockworkLemon » 20 May 18 2:34 pm

So, turns out I solved my own problem. After manually deleting the gpx files from the computer, I thought to myself "Self, why don't I try manually adding the gpx files I want?", and waddaya know? It worked a treat.

caughtatwork

Re: Problems inporting caches to Oregon 300

Post by caughtatwork » 20 May 18 2:53 pm

ClockworkLemon wrote: That functionality appears to be missing here on geocaching.com.au, and I'm stuffed if I can get it to work on.geocaching.com.
It's not missing here, we removed it because the browser support for it is no longer there. geocaching.com are a little behind the scene in removing the "Send to GPS" function. As you have discovered, just drop the GPX file into your GPS. No complicated and unsupported software to care about.