Geocube - iOS app with native GCA support

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Geocube - iOS app with native GCA support

Post by MavEtJu » 17 May 17 9:56 am

The Android cachers already had native GCA support, now the iPhone cachers have it too with Geocube! (iOS 9.1 and higher)

If you have used Geosphere, then you will be familiar with the look&feel approach.
Have a look at https://geocube.mavetju.org/ for documentation, features and screenshots.

You can download it from https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/geocube ... 80966?mt=8, make sure that you see version 1.1 before you download it.

As usual, feedback is appreciated.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Re: Geocube - iOS app with native GCA support

Post by Richary » 17 May 17 9:08 pm

Just downloaded it, not sure why I needed Name and Authentication Name when I went to register it to GCA, though it said success. But still not immediately intuitive how I get it to download caches for offline use (potentially useful for finding remote trigs etc), or even look them up online. Still I will play with it further, thanks we needed an iPhone app that works easily with this site.

MavEtJu

Post by MavEtJu » 17 May 17 9:14 pm

Richary wrote:Just downloaded it, not sure why I needed Name and Authentication Name when I went to register it to GCA, though it said success. But still not immediately intuitive how I get it to download caches for offline use (potentially useful for finding remote trigs etc), or even look them up online. Still I will play with it further, thanks we needed an iPhone app that works easily with this site.
At GCA, the authentication and password can be different from the geocaching name. For example my username and password is MavEtJu and hunter2, while my geocaching name is Team MavEtJu.

Download caches can be done either via the Queries or via the map at Waypoints and then select "Load Waypoints" on the local menu.

ziggiau
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 18 May 17 7:14 pm

This new release is quite tidy. The GCA API sure helps. But even after loading the waypoints, I know there a few caches missing from my list. I don't have any filters turned on so I'm not sure why there are omissions.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 18 May 17 9:18 pm

If you know which ones are missing that helps. We don't know whether you have loaded geocaches by a bbox, distance, a query or something else. If you can describe the steps that you used to load the data and let us know what geocaches are missing we might be able to explain why.

MavEtJu

Post by MavEtJu » 18 May 17 11:16 pm

ziggiau wrote:This new release is quite tidy. The GCA API sure helps. But even after loading the waypoints, I know there a few caches missing from my list. I don't have any filters turned on so I'm not sure why there are omissions.
Where on the map were you when it happened, which were missing (and did you update the configuration?)

Edwin

ziggiau
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 31 May 17 9:51 pm

Had a tech support visit and it looks like I needed to update the config file. With that done, all caches now show up on the map. Happily, I have now logged my first two virtuals via the app, photos and all!