Movable Caches logged as found but not moved

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Team Ladava
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Movable Caches logged as found but not moved

Post by Team Ladava » 07 October 16 8:27 pm

One of our movables was recently logged as found but not moved.
In my opinion this practice almost always, effectively sentences the cache to never moving again.
I don’t know about other teams but when I research and area for GCA caches and see movable with the ‘found’ icon I assume they have been taken.
Please, please, please, if you don’t move the cache, add the second log of ‘moved’ back into the same location so it doesn’t get ignored by other teams.
Rant over.
Ian
Team Ladava

MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Re: Movable Caches logged as found but not moved

Post by MavEtJu » 08 October 16 1:03 pm

Team Ladava wrote:Please, please, please, if you don’t move the cache, add the second log of ‘moved’ back into the same location so it doesn’t get ignored by other teams.
If they are logged and picked up, the status should change from "available" to "not available".
When moved, the status should go back to "available".

So the logging options for movables should go from "Found" to "Found and picked up" and "Discovered".
"Discovered" should just log as "Found", while "Found and picked up" should log as "Found" and set the status to "not available".

That way it is clear for the end-user and backwards compatible with the current backends (GPX, JSON, database).

Edwin