Garmin Etrex 10 downloading

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Dunmowin

Garmin Etrex 10 downloading

Post by Dunmowin » 17 February 16 10:40 pm

Relatively new to Geocaching Australia site (but not geocaching). I am having difficulty finding where on the page of a cache that I select to download to my GPSr. Can anyone help me please. [-o<

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Re: Garmin Etrex 10 downloading

Post by fluffyfish » 17 February 16 10:48 pm

http://geocaching.com.au/caches/available/gca/au.gpx

if you don't want all of australia, you can swap the au with the abbreviated state name

Dunmowin

Post by Dunmowin » 17 February 16 11:00 pm

Sorry fluffyfish, you have not really answered my question. Your link is not going anywhere for me, and all I want to know is how to download to my Garmin GPSr. I use it all the time on Geocache.com, but this site is different.

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by LouiseAnn » 18 February 16 2:21 am

When you down load the file linked to above, you can copy that on to your GPX, or into GSAK and then you are right to go.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 18 February 16 8:41 am

Geocaching Australia doesn't use the Communicator Plugin because it's not supported by many browsers any more as it's considered a security risk (depending on your point of view).

Simply download the GPX file (look to the right of the cache page and click on the GPX link).
When prompted to save the file, save it to the GPX folder on your GPS.
If you don't get a prompt to save, then copy it from your downloads folder and paste it to your GPX folder on your GPS.