Overseas maps

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
wileyclan
2150 or more geocaches found
2150 or more geocaches found

Overseas maps

Post by wileyclan » 08 June 13 8:20 pm

Shortly I will be travelling for work. In itself not exciting, but finding caches overseas, now THAT is exciting! Sooo, I am after some direction as to where to get some maps for different countries throughout SE Asia and the world really. I know that there was a topic on the forum previously, but I can't find it.

I am also after some directions from people as to how to actually load those maps onto my Oregon 550. My first visit is to Singapore shortly with the family. I downloaded a map from http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ in the gmapsupp format and dropped it onto my memory card but I have no idea how to see if it is working, enabled, there, whatever you want to call it.

Any help os really appreciated and sorry for rehashing the topic again

Cheers 8)

mtrax

Re: Overseas maps

Post by mtrax » 09 June 13 9:45 am

you can also try the Malsing maps as well for Singapore and Malaysia

but depending on the map format you choose if you just get the ".IMG" file you can drop it in the Garmin folder and you should be good to go. you might verify its enabled in your GPS map setup.

Otherwise you can install the Mapsource/Basecamp install files and then use that to transfer to your GPS unit MapInstall.

Dik:
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Re: Overseas maps

Post by Dik: » 09 June 13 10:30 pm

Open street is great. We recently navigated around UK Italy & France with open street on the Garmin 60Csx.