Can you plot a database on GSAK onto a map?

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
TiedyeSmileys
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Can you plot a database on GSAK onto a map?

Post by TiedyeSmileys » 25 May 13 3:00 pm

Just in the late planning stages for a trip coming up soon to the USA and am wondering if a specific functionality exists on GSAK.

There is a huge saturation of caches along the route we will be going (about 20,000 caches :shock: ). I have made a number of pocket queries along the route we will be going along and have downloaded these into separate databases in GSAK. I have then sorted these by numbers of favourite points and now have a number of caches I intend to target as we go along. Now to the question:

If I filter out these caches and so end up with about 25 caches, left in the database, are there any tools in GSAK to plot these onto a single map that I can print off? When you run a pocket query you can select a map icon on your list of pocket queries which shows all of the caches in that query on a single map, this is what we are looking to do from a GSAK database.

Thanks

Bunya

Re: Can you plot a database on GSAK onto a map?

Post by Bunya » 25 May 13 4:44 pm

This might help: http://gsak.net/board/index.php?s=a1d24 ... ntry186702

Try using the macro at the bottom of this link.

The Tardis Trio
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found
Twitter: dpeters101

Post by The Tardis Trio » 31 May 13 9:08 pm

+1 on what Bunya said.

Since I've had GSAK I've used the previous versions of this mapping macro. I spend most of my time in the map on one screen and jumping back to GSAK on the other screen when I click the links. It's so good it should come bundled with GSAK.

maccamob
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by maccamob » 31 May 13 10:28 pm

If you use Oziexplorer, GSAK has a built-in Ozi waypoint (cache) export.