iPhone and uploading photos to GCA

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
JustinCBR
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

iPhone and uploading photos to GCA

Post by JustinCBR » 10 October 12 11:57 am

I've recently switched to iPhone for work and have struggled to figure out the best way to find GCA caches on an iOS device. Geosphere does most things, but I can't work out how to upload photos to GCA for trigs, virtuals and locationless cache types so that I can log them on GCA. Is there a way of doing this? Or do I need to sync the photos to a PC or android device and then upload them from there?

Hopefully there's a neat solution that I'm missing.

Thanks in advance

JustinCBR

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Re: iPhone and uploading photos to GCA

Post by CraigRat » 10 October 12 5:55 pm

JustinCBR wrote:I've recently switched to iPhone for work and have struggled to figure out the best way to find GCA caches on an iOS device. Geosphere does most things, but I can't work out how to upload photos to GCA for trigs, virtuals and locationless cache types so that I can log them on GCA. Is there a way of doing this? Or do I need to sync the photos to a PC or android device and then upload them from there?

Hopefully there's a neat solution that I'm missing.

Thanks in advance

JustinCBR
The only methods to upload are via the web interface (but I don't believe you can browse and select photos from the phone using this) or via an app that uses our API.

As it stands there are zero iPhone apps using the API.

Sorry, but there's no easy way, and we won't be releasing anything ourselves... if you can get a developer interested, we'd gladly talk to them.