Etrex Problem

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
SuperMoosie
200 or more found
200 or more found

Etrex Problem

Post by SuperMoosie » 27 March 12 2:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

Having a little problem with my Etrex Vista. When I turn the power button on it flashes up with the first garmin screen then as soon as I let got of the power button it goes blank except for a vertical line on the screen which fades after a second or two. If I hold the power button down, it stays on longer, so all the way to the aquiring sats screen. I tried doing a start up reset, but It will not let me move across to the OK when it asks you if you are sure.

To me it sounds like the power button is not latching in.

Any ideas before I pull it apart??
I do have some spare parts from a previous vista that had problems I could not fix by pulling it apart.

Browngang
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Re: Etrex Problem

Post by Browngang » 27 March 12 8:14 pm

This might sound silly or obvious, but my magellan does a very similar thing when the batteries are flat if I've left it turned on. I'm sure you've tried this already.

SuperMoosie
200 or more found
200 or more found

Re: Etrex Problem

Post by SuperMoosie » 28 March 12 9:40 am

Yep, same problem happens with new batteries both rechargable and normal ones. Also the same thing happens with external power.