GSAK & Archived caches

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Blaze_au
200 or more found
200 or more found

GSAK & Archived caches

Post by Blaze_au » 31 October 04 10:43 am

Today I came across a problem that I wasnÂ’t aware of. The problem being that it appears archived caches donÂ’t appear in pocket queries, thus our database contain incorrect info.

I visited “Maccamob Challenge 2Ââ€

Slider & Smurf
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by Slider & Smurf » 31 October 04 11:15 am

Haven't heard of a macro being available, but that doesn't mean there's not one out there :wink:
<p>
We tend to run a visual check as part of our upload procedure for the weekly queries we get - import new logs, then do a sort by 'last update' column. There are often half a dozen caches or so that don't get updated each time, these tend to be ones that are temporarily offline, or have been archived.
<p>
It's then a quick process to check each cache individually, and download individual gpx files to confirm their status. If the cache is back online by the next time we get a pocket query for that region, then we'll get a message in GSAK to say the cache is online again. Works for us, anyway :D

Blaze_au
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Blaze_au » 31 October 04 3:43 pm

Clyde (author of GSAK) advised that geocaching might not be all that happy with a macro that loads a heap of pages, it might look like spidering or data colelction.

I've just deleted the archived caches that I haven't found and in future I'll keep a closer eye on the update dates in gsak