new GCA android app

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Re: new GCA android app

Post by gmj3191 » 19 December 11 2:11 pm

Glad you didn't post this in that thread where "boys" are being persecuted.

Code1
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by Code1 » 19 December 11 5:07 pm

I have the same style of case and I had trouble with the compass not working at all :-k .
Took me a few weeks to work out what was going on with it and yes it was the magnetic latch :oops: :oops: .
My magnet is in the case behind the phone and not the little flap so I have to remove the phone from the case for it to work.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 30 December 11 3:05 pm

uploaded new release (0.29) with an experimental Navigation Compass included along with a basic filter on the list view.
I've also increased the font size for the Coordinates on the Details screen, so hopefully in the short term it will make it a little easier to read.

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 30 December 11 4:45 pm

Something went wrong this morning...
I kept getting "Unable to log into GCA" or something like that depending on weather I was downloading caches, loading logs or making a log. Now it works fine? :? Not sure if this is the app or GCA...

On another note...
Is it to hard to make the screen stay on when the map is up? It's quite annoying when the screen turns off and you are driving and trying to navigate... :D

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 30 December 11 4:54 pm

Laighside Legends wrote:Something went wrong this morning...
I kept getting "Unable to log into GCA" or something like that depending on weather I was downloading caches, loading logs or making a log. Now it works fine? :? Not sure if this is the app or GCA...

On another note...
Is it to hard to make the screen stay on when the map is up? It's quite annoying when the screen turns off and you are driving and trying to navigate... :D
I noticed GCA was unavailable to me earlier too from my PC too.

As to the Always ON, I will add that to my TODO list need to add another permission and enable that from the code. thanks for the input.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 30 December 11 5:00 pm

GCA being unavailable was a DNS issue that we can't control. It looks like the authoritives (somewhere) were acting up and weren't resolving the name. By the looks of it, things seem to be back to normal. Couple in Tasmania and NSW, but nowhere else being reported. Likely an ISP related issue.

Echo
1800 or more caches found
1800 or more caches found

Post by Echo » 01 January 12 11:11 am

We log onto GC together as "Echo & Spice" because we only use the site for logging finds but log onto GCA separately so we show up as individuals on the forum. Because of a recent update the app won't allow us to download caches anymore, is there anything we can do to fix it but still visit the forum individually?
Would logging into the GCA main site as "Echo & Spice" but onto the forum separately be an option? [-o<

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 January 12 11:45 am

I've made a change at the back end to pass your "cacher name" to the app.
If mtrax has handled this already (we have discussed it in the past), it should work.

Please try again for me.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 01 January 12 3:11 pm

caughtatwork wrote:I've made a change at the back end to pass your "cacher name" to the app.
If mtrax has handled this already (we have discussed it in the past), it should work.

Please try again for me.
the change should be rolled out in the next release which should be ready in the next day or two...

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 11 January 12 8:49 am

another release popped out.
with some Major features :
* Load from another location, screen the map to centre on your choosen location and then use menu option Load from Centre
* GCA map navigation now shows bearing line and distance to selected cache.

As always let me know if there are any issues.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 11 January 12 10:38 am

=D> =D> =D>

FelixII

Post by FelixII » 18 January 12 10:50 pm

:?: Hmmm I'm not sure if this is a set up issue, but I can't see where it is in the settings? I only load moveables in the app, as the other caches are in our GPS but sometimes it loads in distance from where I am and other times I have no idea what order it;s in? so I have to scroll up and down to find which caches are closest? It gets a bit confusing. Sometimes I just reload the caches and they reload in distance from me but other times they just reload same as they were.... :-k Any ideas :frog :gnomette

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 19 January 12 6:51 am

FelixII wrote::?: Hmmm I'm not sure if this is a set up issue, but I can't see where it is in the settings? I only load moveables in the app, as the other caches are in our GPS but sometimes it loads in distance from where I am and other times I have no idea what order it;s in? so I have to scroll up and down to find which caches are closest? It gets a bit confusing. Sometimes I just reload the caches and they reload in distance from me but other times they just reload same as they were.... :-k Any ideas :frog :gnomette
Are you using the phones gps or network for location?

FelixII

Post by FelixII » 23 January 12 8:57 pm

Phone GPS :P

akkatracker
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by akkatracker » 24 January 12 5:09 pm

Just an Idea- with the load all and load unfound options there should be an option to load unfound except movables as you can find those more than once.