UBD on CD

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Webguy
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

UBD on CD

Post by Webguy » 20 October 04 5:52 pm

http://www.ubd.com.au/index_html?page=c ... _type_id=4

Is that product compatible with ozi? Or are they locked away and only useable with their supplied software, there is very little info on it on their site.

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 20 October 04 5:56 pm

if its the same as the CD's I have... useless for OZI

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 20 October 04 6:53 pm

webguy wrote:Is that product compatible with ozi? Or are they locked away and only useable with their supplied software, there is very little info on it on their site.
As it stands, no good for Ozi., but then you can use the Sydway maps, they come with the .map files, ready to use.

GammaPiSigma
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by GammaPiSigma » 20 October 04 6:57 pm

Webguy,

You can "copy to clipboard" from within the UBD program. Then open mspaint and paste from clipboard, save the file in bmp format, then import into OZI via the "load and calibrate map" function in Ozi. The map calibration can be done using the lat and long reference from the UBD application, it is WGS84 compliant but the seconds are not decimalised and will need to be converted. To be honest I have managed to get to the load into Ozi stage but haven't gone further yet, will try the calibrate part when I get time.

Swampgecko, you might want to try this as well.

Mike.

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 20 October 04 7:04 pm

No need for me to do it... thou thanks for the suggestion, I have a good set of maps that work fine for general locationsin ozi and I have a plethora of paper maps.. then I just use the latest Sydways in the manual version. I like the backup factor of having paper with me, the batteries can't fail on them :lol: