GSAK V8 Beta

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Re: GSAK V8 Beta

Post by gmj3191 » 16 November 11 8:23 pm

blossom* wrote:I like my current version and I know how to do eveything I want - get and load PQsand GPX files from GC and GCA, and export caches to my gps. If I upgrade to v8, will I have to work out how to do everything in a new way now? I'm not so good at computer stuff :(
It will be easier to load PQs, but hey, you can try it in a completely separate folder in parallel with the old version, and if you don't like it, stay on 7.

Perhaps you get could someone to set it up for you and show you the differences. The improvements are pretty spectacular, especially the downloading of PQs.

If however, you are very comfortable doing what you're doing there is no real need to change.

Good luck.

PrincessDiala
2300 or more caches found
2300 or more caches found

Post by PrincessDiala » 17 November 11 6:29 am

blossom* wrote:I like my current version and I know how to do eveything I want - get and load PQsand GPX files from GC and GCA, and export caches to my gps. If I upgrade to v8, will I have to work out how to do everything in a new way now? I'm not so good at computer stuff :(
Just trial it for the free 21 days first.
I upgraded last week.
From what I can see, the basic way that I use it, its exactly the same!
However its just going to change the way I load PQ's from GC into GSAK. Less effort!

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 17 November 11 6:22 pm

PrincessDiala wrote:From what I can see, the basic way that I use it, its exactly the same!
However its just going to change the way I load PQ's from GC into GSAK. Less effort!
What's different about the PQ loading? Now i just say "get data via email" and it goes off and loads it all automatically. How could it be less effort than that?

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 17 November 11 7:35 pm

It can download straight from the site, so rather than getting 500 cache queries you can get 1000 caches queries without logging on to GC