Assistance with GPS cache upload/download software

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
caughtatwork

Re: Assistance with GPS cache upload/download software

Post by caughtatwork » 09 June 11 10:05 pm

Set up a My Query here at GCA.
http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/My_Query

Check to see that what you think you're getting is what you get (send it to the screen).
Set a date and an email address (if applicable) and it will be shot to your email address around 3:30am on the day you select.
If you shoot it to a secondary email address, then set up GSAK to get the details, it will interrogate the email, grab the file, etc, etc.

One click and all your queries can be loaded in at once.

Tuena
6500 or more caches found

Post by Tuena » 09 June 11 11:35 pm

Thought I'd try this 'get data via email' but having no idea what POP3 was did a search on Google. OK so asked what the POP3 was for hotmail & added that. Even though the the pop up window indicates port 995 is for Gmail Hotmail says it uses 995 as well so changed the default.

Filled out the other stuff & hit get mail button.

Prior to this I moved my one & only PQ from Delete to my Inbox. I had already updated GSAK manually & knew that there were 5 new caches in the PQ.

It seemed to work, however a few warnings appeared but when I hit OK it continued. Up came 50 caches, all from the USA! I've pinched some poor Bs PQs.

This is the site I used to work out what I should put in the fields in the Get Mail window http://email.about.com/od/accessinghotm ... ttings.htm

The other info was my email address, password, defaults & in the window "Get emails that match on subject" I added this: [GEO] Pocket Query: OZnewlistings which matches exactly what appears in the email from Groundspeak.

I only get one PQ email a day from Groundspeak & at the moment, one a week from GCA.

What did I do wrong?

If I received 10 emails a day how would I add all these to the "Get emails that match on subject" given there is only one window?

Thanks

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 09 June 11 11:47 pm

Further to the above - all the caches from the USA were from the offline database last updated on 16/02/2009. Some are active, some archived.

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 11 June 11 8:31 pm

Obviously too difficult - shall stick to the manual method & cost/save myself a minute per day.