How do you do ....... (GSAK)

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
budgietas
10000 or more caches found

Re: How do you do ....... (GSAK)

Post by budgietas » 06 June 11 5:44 pm

Hi

I haven't been keeping my found caches in GSAK, only the ones to find. Now I am trying to get the found ones in.

The GC ones were easy, but how do you import found GCA caches into GSAK so they come in with the appropriate information. I thought there would be a "special query" on the GCA web site, but I can't find it

BT

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 06 June 11 6:19 pm

In your GSAK settings make sure you have your caching name set

Tools-> Options under 'Method for Matching Placed caches' select Wild Card Match and put *udgietas in the box below
(This is because you are Budgietas on GC and budgietas on GCA).... when you bring in gca caches it'll then use this to determine if you have found a cache.

budgietas

Post by budgietas » 06 June 11 6:23 pm

Thank you Craigrat

That fixed the problem perfectly

You are a Legend

noikmeister
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by noikmeister » 18 June 11 6:48 pm

I am in the single DB camp too. I use a number of filters and occasionally I do a filter of unfound caches not updated recently and so delete caches that made it into GSAK from a trip I did and never found.

I have a RegEx filter for GCA caches and whenever I am going on a road trip I download the route associated with my PQ and make a new filter using the arc/polygon feature.

Another cool thing I have been doing lately is using the Google Maps v3 macro. I really like the way it does density and you can use it to view the caches along your route to plan out your day.

When I had my eTrex I found GSAK indispensable because of the smart naming feature. I'd do a filter that gave me fewer than 500 caches and not load child waypoints, then the smart naming feature would build 6 character WP names so it was clearer which cache I was looking at in the WP list of the eTrex. Much better than truncated GC numbers.