Updated Oregon 300 via webupdater & broke it

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found

Updated Oregon 300 via webupdater & broke it

Post by ian-and-penny » 24 December 10 5:15 pm

Well not quite: I used webupdater in an attempt to update to the latest firmware for my Oregon 300.

Everything worked, except when I rebooted the GPS I got a message "Unable to Authenticate Maps", and the only map now available is the Basemap.

Prior to the install I had purchased copies of City Navigator 2011 & OzTopo Loaded

Aside from downgrading all the way back to 3.6 (which is known to work), are there any other fixes I can try to get my maps back?

PesceVerde
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Re: Updated Oregon 300 via webupdater & broke it

Post by PesceVerde » 24 December 10 6:32 pm

Hi.
OzTopo maps on the Garmin is likely the issue. Someone at GPSAustralia may know a work around, other than using the older software version. :)

The Swaggies
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by The Swaggies » 26 December 10 1:58 pm

Hi Ian, it's a b@##$r when you try and do these things in a short time frame, then no time next day to fix it. :(

Firstly are you sure the maps are missing or have they just been disabled. I "un-enabled" all my maps except the standard base map that came with it when I did the upgrade just recently.

Then I just went back into the settings and "re-enabled" the ones I wanted. And I have the Garmin City navigator one, Open Street maps, Tracks for Australia and Doohan's Contours all installed on the card.

They were all there after the install.

Cheers,

Iain

ian-and-penny

Post by ian-and-penny » 26 December 10 2:13 pm

The map files exist on the Oregon, but they are not available (do not appear) on the map configuration screen to enable/disable.

The Explorer

Post by The Explorer » 28 December 10 12:32 pm

Hi

Not sure why City Navigator is not working...the issue with Oztopo and newer Garmin software/firmware versions is however well documented. AFAIK the only solution to this is to downgrade firmware as detailed in the link below...

http://www.oztopo.com/updates/changes.htm

or give Oztopo the flick and get Garmin Topo.

Cheers
Greg