Cool New Macro for GSAK! Achievement Badges!

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Cool New Macro for GSAK! Achievement Badges!

Post by Zalgariath » 05 August 10 12:11 am

For current users of the FindStatGen3 Macro there is a new cool add on... Geocaching Badge Acheivements! It can automatically add scout style badges to your FindStatGen Notes section.

Here is the site: http://kylemills.net/Geocaching/BadgeGen/

Here is an example (scroll to the bottom of my public profile): http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid ... 4b65008006

Very Awesome! \:D/ I got 12 :D

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Re: Cool New Macro for GSAK! Achievement Badges!

Post by Team Wibble » 05 August 10 8:58 am

It also gives you a karate style belt as well, if you want.
Just a warning that you'll need to have the very latest version of GSAK to run (when I installed the macro I had to install the latest GSAK patch as well).

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 05 August 10 2:52 pm

This one has been around for a while, it is great though, we've been working towards our black belt for a while now.
Team Wibble wrote:Just a warning that you'll need to have the very latest version of GSAK to run (when I installed the macro I had to install the latest GSAK patch as well).
GSAK was updated to a final upgrade last night so go to http://www.gsak.net/ and grab the final version you should be right.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 05 August 10 8:25 pm

I just have to work out how to use that FindStatGen thing again :?

Big Matt and Shell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 05 August 10 9:27 pm

blossom* wrote:I just have to work out how to use that FindStatGen thing again :?
If you have any questions, ask away! (So long as the OP doesn't mind)

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 05 August 10 11:00 pm

I somehow have the FindStatGen thing in GSAK and even got the new Macro in there. Gee the elevation badge takes a while to calculate! But how do I get the badges into my profile in GC?

reesylou
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by reesylou » 06 August 10 8:31 am

You need another macro to upload the stats. If you look on the page for the Badge macro, there is a set of instructions (with links) explaining the macros to grab, and most importantly the settings to use and how to link them together. Works like a treat!

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 06 August 10 9:12 am

Thanks. I did see that "Instructions" bit on the web page but, like a lot of people, I didn't really think I would bother with reading it! You'd think I might know better as I'm hopeless with computers and how they all work. However, I like the badges which I generated so I will have to read them now, won't I??!!

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 06 August 10 9:43 am

Yep the elevations took a while the first time... 1000 find took about 15 minutes :shock: but after that it will run faster. It doesnt seem to pick up the "Head in the Ground" (Finds below sea level) for me though... There is a nifty setting on the Badge Generator that say "Run Another Marco Once Badges Generated" set this to FindStatsGen3 and after a minute you will get the webpage popup of your badges, then shortly after the usual FSG3 popup which you can paste into you Profile details online :D

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 06 August 10 12:29 pm

Well that was an exercise in futility. Followed the instructions, all looked fine but didn't end up with any badges. Got the heading though! Perhaps I haven't met any of the requirements but I could have sworn Mt Kosciuzko is higher than 500 metres as are Mt Imlay & Mt Canobolas.

Not only were no badges produced but it changed the layout of the stats generated.

Ahh - uninstall.

Geodes

Post by Geodes » 06 August 10 12:56 pm

Zalgariath wrote:Yep the elevations took a while the first time... 1000 find took about 15 minutes :shock: but after that it will run faster. It doesnt seem to pick up the "Head in the Ground" (Finds below sea level) for me though... There is a nifty setting on the Badge Generator that say "Run Another Marco Once Badges Generated" set this to FindStatsGen3 and after a minute you will get the webpage popup of your badges, then shortly after the usual FSG3 popup which you can paste into you Profile details online :D
You'll have to manually edit the elevation data for any 'below ground/sea" caches that you've done - it's using the "User Data 4" field in GSAK. The elevation database that's used to extract the info for each set of cache co-ords will only give the 'ground level' elevation for that point.

RebornCyclist
1850 or more caches found
1850 or more caches found

Post by RebornCyclist » 06 August 10 12:56 pm

I followed the tutorial for integrating with FindStatGen and GenUploadStats (http://kylemills.net/Geocaching/BadgeGe ... ation.html) and it worked beautifully.
I had to make sure I changed the FindStatGen settings to enable the Notes field (as that's where the badges were put), but that was pretty easy.
I also turned off the elevation badges, due to the processing time, and the fact that I wasn't sure the elevations would always be recorded properly, anyway.
This is what my profile looks like now:
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid ... ecea7&ds=2

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 06 August 10 2:43 pm

Very pretty. I'm mainly interested in the elevation badge so will give it another go - tomorrow. :-"

Big Matt and Shell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 06 August 10 2:53 pm

Tuena wrote:Very pretty. I'm mainly interested in the elevation badge so will give it another go - tomorrow. :-"
It should work for you, the only thing i can think of now at work without GSAK in front of me is do you have all your found caches in a single database or do your separate GC & GCA?

Did it run through and try and grab the elevations?

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 06 August 10 3:08 pm

G'day Mat - Have the one database for both & it ran through the elevations taking considerable time to process all the info. There is a time when you can enable or disable displays ( same time you set the notes for either A or B) & I disabled maps other than Australia. This was the only variation to the tutorial. Setting the badge business to auto run also meant, as far as I can work out, that my profile was changed without any direct input from me & it deleted my profile box showing my position in Oz & the world.

I have uninstalled the badge macro & reinstated my previous stats.