Cool New Macro for GSAK! Achievement Badges!

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Re: Cool New Macro for GSAK! Achievement Badges!

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 06 August 10 3:14 pm

How very strange.

I'll have a look when I get home and drop you an email with how I have my settings. I do have it automatically running into FSG but I still upload to my page manually myself. I'd rather do it that way and I know what is happening.

Have a good weekend!

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 06 August 10 3:21 pm

Thanks.

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 06 August 10 4:51 pm

Tuena wrote:Thanks.
Another thing you could try is running the macro on its own. I haven't integrated with findstatgen yet, and haven't had any troubles running it on its own (but it does take FOREVER to run the elevation data the first time). Might reduce the number of things that can go wrong! :mrgreen:

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 06 August 10 8:05 pm

Even prettier! I'll wait for Big Matt's email & may give both a go - I've found a trig at 2228 metres so should get a gold.

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 07 August 10 12:05 pm

Thought I would try Team Wibble's idea so reinstalled the Badge business, selected minimum options but one in particular that would give me a preview, ran the macro which took bugger all time to run, indicated I had 8 badges & upon completion, opened up a new window for the preview with URL file:///C:/gsak/BadgeTemp.htm.

The only thing that appeared were the headers "more info about badges & the belt".

No pretty badges for me - I've been a bad boy it seems.

Matt will have to be my saviour again. A bit like looking for a cache on a south coast bridge eons ago.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 07 August 10 2:14 pm

Tuena wrote:The only thing that appeared were the headers "more info about badges & the belt".

No pretty badges for me - I've been a bad boy it seems.
That happened to me the first time I ran it too... I unticked "sort badges by level" and then it worked... for some reason it now will allow me to sort by level though :-k haha

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 07 August 10 2:21 pm

Funny thing I noticed in your stats Zalgariath. Probably not what you intended when you placed it! :lol:
Hide found most frequently: Every 4.5 days, -= POISON CACHE =- GC2ATAA
#-o

Tealby
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Tealby » 07 August 10 2:21 pm

Cool badges - it worked a treat for me (after crashing mid way through the first time it ran just fine the second time around) - it was a good prompt for me to get GSAK up to date. The only small problem was that I had to add the FTF field to GSAK & manually tick all my FTFs to ensure I got credit for them. The problem with stats is that I only rarely bother to update my profile with the latest info (although at the rate I am finding caches at the moment they're not changing that much...) :oops:

I was pretty impressed to have a geocaching brown belt! Now I "only" have to find 622 more caches, including 62 more micros and 9 more FTFs to earn my black belt... :shock:

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 07 August 10 2:41 pm

Damo. wrote:Funny thing I noticed in your stats Zalgariath. Probably not what you intended when you placed it! :lol:
Hide found most frequently: Every 4.5 days, -= POISON CACHE =- GC2ATAA
#-o
Well that could be an inditement of Sydney Cachers wanting easy smilies... but I think rather it is simply the newest of my caches. Hasnt had a find for a number of weeks... at least not from people who have logged online :D Will check the log book next week once Im home for "secret" addict who "forgot" to log it online after signing the book hahaha :twisted:

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 07 August 10 11:23 pm

Thanks to Big Matt I now have my own set of badges. :D

A visit to NZ to find a cache on a mountain 2500 metres ASL is on the cards.

I too will need to add my FTFs & my hides to get another badge & a different coloured belt.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 08 August 10 12:07 am

Tuena wrote:Thanks to Big Matt I now have my own set of badges. :D

A visit to NZ to find a cache on a mountain 2500 metres ASL is on the cards.

I too will need to add my FTFs & my hides to get another badge & a different coloured belt.
It says you have found a cache at 9999m below sea level as well and you need to find a cache at 0m to go up a level!
How do they figure out the altitude anyway? I presume from one of the mapping options?

If anyone wants a below sea level one, GC1D1R6 House Building D.I.Y. (A GeoTalk / XoE Cache) is supposedly 8m below sea level according to this macro! Maybe I should put a SCUBA icon on it..... :-k

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 08 August 10 12:44 am

I noticed that but have no idea where it came from. Given the trouble I had getting the badges it can stay.

Big Matt and Shell
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 08 August 10 7:53 am

Damo. wrote:How do they figure out the altitude anyway? I presume from one of the mapping options?
Correct, it links to a GIS site and runs a check for each and every cache to see it's elevation. That's what the time consuming bit is when everyone runs it for the first time.

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 08 August 10 10:16 am

The accuracy of the altitude is dependent on the resolution of the maps. My highest elevation cache (on the side of Mt Ruapehu) comes up as being 1445m in GSAK but the GPS said it was 1650m. The mapping grid was 1km. For a majority of the caches its probalby pretty close.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 08 August 10 12:16 pm

Damo. wrote:If anyone wants a below sea level one, GC1D1R6 House Building D.I.Y. (A GeoTalk / XoE Cache) is supposedly 8m below sea level according to this macro! Maybe I should put a SCUBA icon on it..... :-k
I noticed that :P I have a few Mystery Caches as my "lowest" altitude due to them being listed in water hehe