GSAK 7.7.0.109 update problem

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Re: GSAK 7.7.0.109 update problem

Post by riblit » 22 March 10 11:51 pm

Its now. I have a fix from Clyde.

The problem was in the current view. Clyde said it included some GSAK internal hidden fields which should never be in a view nor be displayed.

The fix, once you get past the error message behaviour is to reset the view. "Tools=>Reset grid to default view"
There will be an automatic fix in the next build.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 24 March 10 7:32 pm

riblit wrote:Its now. I have a fix from Clyde.

The problem was in the current view. Clyde said it included some GSAK internal hidden fields which should never be in a view nor be displayed.

The fix, once you get past the error message behaviour is to reset the view. "Tools=>Reset grid to default view"
There will be an automatic fix in the next build.
Does all this mean I should back something up before I update my gsak? Or is there something I can check to make sure it doesn't go wrong for me? I'm not all that great at fixing things on my computer if they go wrong #-o

Facitman
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by Facitman » 24 March 10 8:09 pm

I had a different issue where OZI Explorer exports caused GSAK to crash. Clyde has advised that he has fixed this but it's yet to be released so my automatic stuff isn't working at the moment.

The 7.7 improvements are generally good. Particularly column renaming and I've found my macros are running a lot quicker with the new database changes

Edit: I take that back, Clyde has now released a patch which addresses my issue :D ... http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=14859

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 25 March 10 8:15 pm

blossom* wrote: Does all this mean I should back something up before I update my gsak? Or is there something I can check to make sure it doesn't go wrong for me? I'm not all that great at fixing things on my computer if they go wrong #-o
The upgrade will backup the data but you will lose the old program.

To be really safe you should copy the complete GSAK directory and all subdirectories. Easy if you are running XP, a bit problematic if you are running vista as vista moves things around a bit.

If you have XP open the "Program Files" folder, find the GSAK folder, right click on it and drag. Select copy here from the menu when you release the mouse button. This will copy the GSAK folder and its sub folders to a folder called "copy of GSAK". If you have a problem you can delete the GSAK folder and rename the copy on GSAK.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 25 March 10 8:40 pm

riblit wrote:
blossom* wrote: Does all this mean I should back something up before I update my gsak? Or is there something I can check to make sure it doesn't go wrong for me? I'm not all that great at fixing things on my computer if they go wrong #-o
The upgrade will backup the data but you will lose the old program.

To be really safe you should copy the complete GSAK directory and all subdirectories. Easy if you are running XP, a bit problematic if you are running vista as vista moves things around a bit.

If you have XP open the "Program Files" folder, find the GSAK folder, right click on it and drag. Select copy here from the menu when you release the mouse button. This will copy the GSAK folder and its sub folders to a folder called "copy of GSAK". If you have a problem you can delete the GSAK folder and rename the copy on GSAK.
Thanks so much. I have copied the whole gsak folder and contents so I now feel comfortable upgrading to the newer version :D

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 26 March 10 11:52 am

I had an issue when upgrading in that it couldn't delete a temp file as it was locked by GSAK.
Killing GSAK and restarting the upgrade wouldn't fix it
Rebooting and repeating the upgrade fixed it.