Smartgpx on a Nokia

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
The Rats
5000 or more caches found

Smartgpx on a Nokia

Post by The Rats » 31 January 10 11:52 am

I'm using smartgpx software on a nokia N97, which I must say is great. My problem is and I hope someone can help, is exporting my field notes. I export them to a folder in the memory of the phone, but the folder seems to be a closed or a hidden folder. Its icon is a closed folder while all the other folders on the phone are an open folder.
When I try to find the folder or file viewing them through the PC they are not visible and thus I cant download my field notes. I cant seem to find anywhere on the phone which shows me the properties of the folder.

Anyone else using smartgpx on a nokia and experiencing the same issues. Ant help greatly appreciated

The Rats

Re: Smartgpx on a Nokia

Post by The Rats » 01 February 10 7:49 am

Don't stress I've solved the problem.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 01 February 10 10:32 am

That's a relief! =D>
Sorry I couldn't help. Did install Smartgpx once but never really used it. Didn't find it very easy to use.

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 01 February 10 1:08 pm

I've been using SmartGPX on a Nokia e51 for the last couple of months since I finally gave up on the sluggishness freezing and crashing of my Windoze Pro Dumbphone

There's a bit of a learning curve due to a few gaps in the documentation but overall I'm very impressed by SmartGPX - it's as good as Cachemate for the s60 devices IMHO

With Nokia now offering free lifetime navigation I'll be sticking with Nokia when I next upgrade phones :) - there will also be no need to buy the TomTom I was thinking of either :P

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 01 February 10 4:01 pm

Been using it on an Nokia E61 for 2 1/2 years. :)
All good although working out how to add images would be handy.
Currently use one 2500 Geocache export out of GSAK to populate it.

Echo
1800 or more caches found
1800 or more caches found

Post by Echo » 02 February 10 12:07 pm

rhinogeo wrote:With Nokia now offering free lifetime navigation I'll be sticking with Nokia when I next upgrade phones :) - there will also be no need to buy the TomTom I was thinking of either :P
Now that I didn't know, time to investigate! \:D/

jusojara
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by jusojara » 02 February 10 12:55 pm

Echo wrote:
rhinogeo wrote:With Nokia now offering free lifetime navigation I'll be sticking with Nokia when I next upgrade phones :) - there will also be no need to buy the TomTom I was thinking of either :P
Me either and I am due for a new phone soon. I have been tossing up between the iPhone and another Nokia.

Do you know if it is on selected models or all GPS capable Nokia's.

rhinogeo
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 02 February 10 10:57 pm

jusojara wrote:
Echo wrote:
Me either and I am due for a new phone soon. I have been tossing up between the iPhone and another Nokia.

Do you know if it is on selected models or all GPS capable Nokia's.
From the Nokia website it's the following models: Nokia X6, Nokia E52, Nokia E55, Nokia E72, Nokia N97 mini, Nokia 6710 Navigator, Nokia 6730 classic, Nokia 5230, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

I'm thinking seriously about an E72 8)

They'll probably include new models as they are released

The Rats

Post by The Rats » 03 February 10 2:32 pm

I'm slowly warming to the smartgpx app. Like Rhinogeo sai, there is a steep learning curve. My first trip with it and I came back hoping to upload the field notes but since my gpx query was created using the cache name and not the code I wasn't able to upload them, but thats all part of learning.

I would recommend the phone and the app. to others.

Dave