Oregon 300 and setting waypoint

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
nibbler
450 or more roots tripped over

Oregon 300 and setting waypoint

Post by nibbler » 02 August 09 8:11 pm

I have to ask the B ...obvious but how do you get the Longitude and latitude of a waypoint. I have a area that I want to hide a cache marked the waypoint with mark waypoint.I thought that by marking it, it would save the latitude and longitude. The old yelow etrex did it all in one save. not sure how the oregon handles it
can anyone give an insight please. :?

Fuddley
1950 or more caches found
1950 or more caches found
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista

Re: Oregon 300 and setting waypoint

Post by Fuddley » 02 August 09 8:46 pm

nibbler wrote:I have to ask the B ...obvious but how do you get the Longitude and latitude of a waypoint. I have a area that I want to hide a cache marked the waypoint with mark waypoint.I thought that by marking it, it would save the latitude and longitude. The old yelow etrex did it all in one save. not sure how the oregon handles it
can anyone give an insight please. :?
Use waypoint manager,s select the point that you maked, and then scroll down to change location, when you touch that it will show you the coords, you can then exit without changing anything

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 02 August 09 9:24 pm

Call past work tomorrow and I'll show you.
It helps me if I write down the location from your GPSr on a bit of paper for future reference :D

As Fuddley mentioned though, yep that's the way to get to them.

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 02 August 09 10:06 pm

Another option is to go to your map page, drag map around to the location (irrelevant of mapset) and then select the waypoint with the red pin. Details will then be shown of that waypoint...helps when you have forgotten to write down the waypoint name. :oops:

mm

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 02 August 09 10:41 pm

aaaaaahhhhhaaaaa got it . thanks to all for replies :mrgreen: