WhereIgo with ipaq

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Crisp image
350 ? I am the lizard queen

WhereIgo with ipaq

Post by Crisp image » 05 February 09 12:01 pm

Well I downloaded the software and got it running but I cant get it to talk to the bt GPSR. Any hints? all other apps communicate with the GPSR. I know that only app can access the GPSr at a time so I have eliminated that problem. Wehreigo just cant see the gps.
Yuor help would be great
Regards
Crisp Image

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 05 February 09 3:26 pm

Good Luck, I had all sorts of issues getting it to work with an IpaQ 3700 series and ended up giving up and waiting till the Oregon arrived.

strong-arm
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by strong-arm » 05 February 09 3:28 pm

Which iPAQ do you have?

You can use Franson's GPS Gate to share the GPS port between multiple applications: http://franson.com/gpsgate/download.asp

Or you could try turning off the other application using the GPS while you play the cartridge.

Crisp image

Post by Crisp image » 05 February 09 4:18 pm

The ipaq is a 3700 series so it seems that it may not work. but thanks for the gps sharing software.

Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Cheesy pigs » 05 February 09 4:29 pm

With my yakumo and Igo software I had to let it scan through the possible combinations until it found a match, I assume you have already done that though.

Team Rubik

Post by Team Rubik » 05 February 09 5:44 pm

I used the advice on the following link to tweak my iPaq for Wherigo caches. Occasionally I have to reset my iPaq which puts the setting back to its default mode, which means when I do a Wherigo I have to go through the process again. I have since learnt to keep a text file with the instructions on my iPaq so I can change it when I need to.<br>
<br>
http://mobilebristol.hpl.hp.com/phpbb/v ... 19090b0d8c<br>
<br>
*Edit: I missed the bit about your iPaq being the 3700 series (mine is the 5900 series) so my advice my be irrelevant, sorry!

Crisp image

Post by Crisp image » 05 February 09 6:28 pm

Cheesy pigs wrote:With my yakumo and Igo software I had to let it scan through the possible combinations until it found a match, I assume you have already done that though.
Yep done that lots of time!