Powering an ASUS EEE

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 18 December 08 9:15 pm

delta_foxtrot2 wrote:[
Yes I've had an invertor wired into my car since 2004 for my other hobbies in the past, but the cost is wasted power going up in heat when you go from 12v to 240v and back down to 5-19v and a flattend battery if you leave the invertor running (ie bypass the ignition), the little LED will flatten my battery in about a week or so. Then again the car alarm LED does the same in about 5-6 weeks too.
Dont leave it connected :wink:

Post by Guest » 18 December 08 9:53 pm

Mr Router wrote:Dont leave it connected :wink:
That would be a tad difficult, because I hard wired it into the car and disconnecting the 50A fuse I put in line from the cables running from the boot to the battery terminals isn't always a convenient thing to do ;)

Thankfully it has an off switch and makes a horrible whiny noise when it detects the battery is getting low which can be heard in the main part of the car.

The peak amps on most decent sized inverters far exceed the cig socket cables.

Crisp image
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen

Post by Crisp image » 05 February 09 11:58 am

I think my inverter killed the 2 replacement batteries I got for my old gateway (8+ years old) I now have no battey life at all. Even after having it plugged into 240V for 24hrs. Does any one know of some where I can get the battery referbed? I can get one from china for about $85.
Regards
Crisp Imge