export POIs from City Navigator

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
EvilDan

export POIs from City Navigator

Post by EvilDan » 27 November 08 8:51 am

Hi,

I'm using City Navigator Australia 2008 and 2009 across several GPSs.

The POIs are different between them. Mainly, the fire stations in my area. In 2008 they are named by Brigade. In 2009 they are just named "fire station." So I can't use 2009 to select "Black Stump Station" and navigate there.

This is frustrating because it's the in-vehicle NUVIs running 2009, and my handhelds that are ruinning 2008!

So, is there a way to export the built-in POIs from City Nav 2008 so that I can load them onto my GPSs running 2009 like any other custom POI?

Thanks!!

Skippy&lambchops
3000 or more caches found

Post by Skippy&lambchops » 28 November 08 8:55 am

Hi EvilDan,

I know I did something like this many months ago, I just remember what I did. Before you do anything , copy everything on the Nuvi harddrive onto a disk and do the same on the other receiver.

I have done a copy and paste but that only works in the .gpi file extension I think :oops:

Try this online tool for editing Basic POI

http://tomtom.gps-data-team.com/poi/poi_edit.php

or Advanced POI

http://garmin.gps-data-team.com/poi_manager.php

Sorry Folks It was meant to be an S not a C :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Skippy&lambchops on 28 November 08 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

EvilDan

Post by EvilDan » 28 November 08 9:39 am

Sorry, I am confused. How does this help me extract POIs from Mapsource City Navigator maps?

Skippy&lambchops

Post by Skippy&lambchops » 28 November 08 10:14 am

: :oops: :oops: Now that I am completely awake I read your question again and No you can't change the POI in the mapping software.

You can make your own custom POI by writing down all the stations and then transferring it .

I site I gave you can do all of this