Garmin POI time question

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
EvilDan

Garmin POI time question

Post by EvilDan » 19 November 08 8:16 am

Hi,

I have the speed/school zone POI for my Garmins (etrex venture cx, new Vista hcx, GPSMAP60c, and about to buy 3 Nuvi 255s for the 3 fire trucks).

One thing though, is there any way of editing POIs to be time-dependant? This is especially relevant for the school zones, which in NSW for example are 40kmh between 1430-1600. But when you drive past at midnight, the GPS still goes mad because you're exceeding the 40kmh that the POI says is applicable.

Can POIs be set to only activate at certain times?

Finally, I've seen the NSW public toilet POI file for tomtom but has anyone seen it as a gpx or other Mapsource friendly file?

Many thanks.

Keeper of Time
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by Keeper of Time » 19 November 08 12:25 pm

Hi EvilDan, try this link http://www.toiletmap.gov.au/, you have to set yourself up with an account, but it is free. You can not download all the locations for NSW in one go but you can select many regions at a time.

You can also google POI files to find if someone has already done what you are trying to achieve.