CacheMate help

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Duppers

CacheMate help

Post by Duppers » 16 September 08 3:51 pm

Hi. I've just downloaded CacheMate on the advice of some of the writers on some links in this forum. Is there a user-guide for CacheMate. The smittyware.com website has documentation but it's not very user-friendly & doesn't really help me to work it out. Can anyone help?

Webguy
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Webguy » 16 September 08 4:33 pm

Palm or PPC version? And, what exactly don't you understand?

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

smitten by cachemate ?

Post by If » 17 September 08 11:01 pm

I've been using Cachemate on the Palm for 'bout 3 years now :D
Noice and simple to use.
The only real trick is to make sure to download the CM Convert file from the website.
It's the little program that enables the conversion of GPX files into the format the Palm will understand :)
The converted Cachemate files can be transferred either by a Hotsync or directly loaded to the SD memory card 8)

Ksix
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Ksix » 18 September 08 2:14 pm

Depends if you have a Palm or Pocket PC whether or not you need to convert the GPX file.

If you have a PocketPC (like we do) you can drag and drop the GPX file directly to the device and import directly into Cachemate. Nice and simple and works well. Have been doing this since the beginning of this year and it hasn't missed a beat yet.

Cheers,
Ksix
"Eat... Sleep... Geocache..."

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Re: smitten by cachemate ?

Post by Geof » 18 September 08 3:29 pm

If wrote:.........
The only real trick is to make sure to download the CM Convert file from the website.
Its built into GSAK.

Duppers

Post by Duppers » 19 September 08 11:40 am

Thanks for the replies. I use PPC. I think I've worked some of it out now, but any help would be appreciated. Also, I've tried to download a couple of pocket queries but haven't had much success. Is there a trick to it?

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 19 September 08 1:27 pm

Duppers, well worth watching this episode of Icenrye's Geocaching Videozene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZijvpYj118

Cannibal Smurf

Post by Cannibal Smurf » 20 September 08 10:43 pm

I've used a couple of different programs, Cachemate, Smache, Tracky pro, BeelineGPS are IMHO the best and I'm mainly using BeelineGPS at the moment. I find it to be a bit more accurate with my PDA, you can import GPX files directly from your SD card & add/edit them.
For hides, I use Tracky Pro to get my coords. You can set the amount of samples it uses to average a point and normally end up with coords that are pretty spot on.

Duppers

THANKS

Post by Duppers » 03 October 08 11:01 pm

:D Thanks heaps, Spindoc Bob...that youtube video was really helpful!

Thanks all for your help. :D