geocahing.com members queries...

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
maccamob
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by maccamob » 18 December 03 6:56 pm

Why not just get one GPX for all NSW (or two when the total cracks 500) and use something like GSAK with its filters to 'slice and dice' the caches up any way you like? You can filter out just yours, sort them in placed order and filter to any cut-off date you like, filter out the most recently logged, or almost any other 'query' you can think of. Very flexible and you only need one GPX file to do it! :D <p>
PS. If you want to include previously archived caches in your database, download them as a series of loc files from the secondary site, and GSAK will import those too. :)
Last edited by maccamob on 18 December 03 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 18 December 03 7:55 pm

Pesky noted:
As I only have a total of 340 caches out of 500 or so
Don't forget the gpx file does not include archived caches.

I use 3 searches - All NSW - twice a week, new caches - on other days and found caches on same days as new caches. This gives me all the caches with only 2 large emails. I always update GSAK with newest caches, and have manually marked archived caches in the database - they are automatically unarchived is a new page appears.