New Mapsource Version Available

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Cached
2500 or more caches found

New Mapsource Version Available

Post by Cached » 02 August 05 10:41 am

[quote]Garmin is pleased to announce that new software is available for the MapSource.

You can download the new software from our website by clicking the following link:

http://www.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp ... 9-99999-00

Changes made from version 6.5 to 6.7:

* This will be the last version of MapSource to support reading/importing PCX5 files. For future compatibility, please migrate your data to the GPX format.
* Added route road and area avoidances. To access avoidances, select “Manage Route AvoidancesÂâ€

aussiecoder
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by aussiecoder » 07 August 05 4:36 pm

I've downloaded and installed, but when I search for street names it no longer allows me to enter the "state", so I end up with many more hits than before.

I may have to report this to Garmin.

dave

xf king
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by xf king » 07 August 05 8:25 pm

I have also foudn the same problem with searching up a state on the New mapsource program. Which should be fixed up as there is some streets around that can be found in every state.

Cached

Post by Cached » 15 August 05 10:48 am

Another update today.

[quote]Garmin is pleased to announce that new software is available for the MapSource.

You can download the new software from our website by clicking the following link:

http://www.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp ... 9-99999-00

Changes made from version 6.7 to 6.8.0:

* This will be the last version of MapSource to support reading/importing PCX5 files. For future compatibility, please migrate your data to the GPX format.
* Fixed error with the specification of some states or countries in searches in the “Find PlacesÂâ€