New Program - GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by ian-and-penny » 09 October 04 12:54 pm

Hi Clyde

Will the next version be able to delete all the waypoints in a Magellan GPS before downloading the new set?

(I believe thet GPSBabel now has this functionality.)

Regards

Ian

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 09 October 04 1:02 pm

ian-and-penny wrote:Hi Clyde

Will the next version be able to delete all the waypoints in a Magellan GPS before downloading the new set?

(I believe thet GPSBabel now has this functionality.)

Regards

Ian
Yes, but as you have correctly stated this will only be for Magellan not Garmin (Sorry, but the Garmin protocol does not seem to provide a way of doing this)

dak's Emu Mob
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by dak's Emu Mob » 09 October 04 7:42 pm

ClydeE wrote:
ian-and-penny wrote:Will the next version be able to delete all the waypoints in a Magellan GPS before downloading the new set?
Yes
<p>
You absolute beauty! This is number one on my list of enhancements (in fact, it's the only thing on the list). Now I won't have to leave GSAK at all. Now, if only you could add word processor, spreadsheet, and presentations, you could supplant Office. :lol:
<p>
Thanks again Clyde. Will the new functionality be available in 4.2.0?
<p>
Cheers,
<p>
dak

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 09 October 04 8:26 pm

Thanks again Clyde. Will the new functionality be available in 4.2.0?
Yes, that is the plan.

Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 10 October 04 1:48 am

Hi
<p>
Thanks for the programing. I am still playing with it but like it so far so will register it I think. Anyway, I notice in the help files it refers to where you can change icons, but I can't find this on the menus and I also can't get the actual icons to show in the program. Am I missing something?
<p>
Thanks<br>
Andrew

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 10 October 04 10:28 am

Aushiker wrote:Hi
<p>
Thanks for the programing. I am still playing with it but like it so far so will register it I think. Anyway, I notice in the help files it refers to where you can change icons, but I can't find this on the menus and I also can't get the actual icons to show in the program. Am I missing something?
<p>
Thanks<br>
Andrew
Which icons are your referring to?

If you want to change the cache type icon, right mouse click and select edit. Now select the correspoinding icon from your drop down list.

If you are referring to icons sent down to your GPS, then click on the "Change" button to set up the icons before you click on the "send" button.

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 10 October 04 11:09 am

ClydeE wrote: Which icons are your referring to?
Hi
<p>
Thanks for the reply. I was referring to the waypoint icons and the dialog box, "Change Waypoint Icons Dialog Box" which seems to suggest that I could get the icons to display in the program and transfer them to the GPSr. I think you have answered the part in respect to the download. I am not currently getting them to show in the program but. Should they be able to?
<p>
Thanks
<p>
Andrew

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 10 October 04 11:17 am

Aushiker wrote: Thanks for the reply. I was referring to the waypoint icons and the dialog box, "Change Waypoint Icons Dialog Box" which seems to suggest that I could get the icons to display in the program and transfer them to the GPSr. I think you have answered the part in respect to the download. I am not currently getting them to show in the program but. Should they be able to?
Andrew
The actual GPS icons should show up in your GPS, but GSAK shows these in the "Change Waypoint Icons Box" by name only.

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 10 October 04 12:50 pm

ClydeE wrote:The actual GPS icons should show up in your GPS, but GSAK shows these in the "Change Waypoint Icons Box" by name only.
<P>
Okay, thanks. I have just re-uploaded all the WA wapoints from gc.com but it is not showing an icon in the main table. All I am getting for all the rows is the "other" icon. Can I get this to display properly? Also, it did not capture my finds or attributes such as Last Found, Container, Diff or Tern. Should it have or have I not set something correctly. I have the *.loc files if I need to redo this.
<p>
Thanks for hanging in with me on this.
<p>
Andrew

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 10 October 04 1:00 pm

Aushiker wrote:
ClydeE wrote:The actual GPS icons should show up in your GPS, but GSAK shows these in the "Change Waypoint Icons Box" by name only.
<P>
Okay, thanks. I have just re-uploaded all the WA wapoints from gc.com but it is not showing an icon in the main table. All I am getting for all the rows is the "other" icon. Can I get this to display properly? Also, it did not capture my finds or attributes such as Last Found, Container, Diff or Tern. Should it have or have I not set something correctly. I have the *.loc files if I need to redo this.
<p>
Thanks for hanging in with me on this.
<p>
Andrew
I suspect you are loading the LOC files from geocaching.com
<p>
Please see items 2 and 10 of the GSAK FAQ in the help file or online here http://www.gsak.net/help410/hs1070.htm

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 18 October 04 8:58 pm

ClydeE wrote:I suspect you are loading the LOC files from geocaching.com
<p>
Please see items 2 and 10 of the GSAK FAQ in the help file or online here http://www.gsak.net/help410/hs1070.htm
<p>

Ahh ... that explains things. Thanks for that. Will look more closely at updating my membership.
<p>
Andrew

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Earth Caches

Post by Cached » 21 October 04 2:12 pm

From http://gsak.net/help/hs1060.htm
Added support for the "Earth" cache type.
What is this?

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Re: Earth Caches

Post by ClydeE » 21 October 04 2:23 pm

All Cached Up wrote:From http://gsak.net/help/hs1060.htm
What is this?
This is a new type of cache that groundspeak have added to the existing ones. A search on "earth" in the groundspeak forums should get you a more complete explanation.

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

GSAK Version 4.2

Post by ClydeE » 21 October 04 2:56 pm

GSAK Version 4.2 is now ready for download.

For a complete list of changes in version 4.2 see http://gsak.net/help/hs1060.htm

Download the new 4.2 version of GSAK from here http://gsak.net

Cheers
Clyde

teamkittens
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Re: Earth Caches

Post by teamkittens » 21 October 04 3:27 pm

ClydeE wrote:
All Cached Up wrote:From http://gsak.net/help/hs1060.htm
What is this?
This is a new type of cache that groundspeak have added to the existing ones. A search on "earth" in the groundspeak forums should get you a more complete explanation.
Hmm I did a little searching in those forums myself with little luck, could you please supply a link?