GCA PQs with PQ loader in GSAK

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Fuddley
1950 or more caches found
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista

GCA PQs with PQ loader in GSAK

Post by Fuddley » 09 February 10 9:10 pm

Is anyone using PQ loader macro to automate the import of GCA PQs into GSAK?

It works great with GC PQs, but the way the GCA ones are named seems to stop it working.

Any ideas :?: :?:

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Re: GCA PQs with PQ loader in GSAK

Post by CraigRat » 09 February 10 9:28 pm

I have my queries emailed to my Gmail account and pick it up that way (works fine)

What does the PQ macro do?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 09 February 10 9:28 pm

What's the name of the macro?

The ZIP and GPX files from GCA are .gpx files with a number as the name. They shouldn't cause anything to fail unless the macro is looking for something specific.

Fuddley
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista

Post by Fuddley » 10 February 10 7:42 am

Macro is call "PQ Loader" it automatically grabs the queries from the server and loads them into the DB of the same name.
Details here

It nice in the fact that if you have different PQs that you want in different DBs, it is all done automatically, and you don't have to be a programmer to work it out. I think the issue is in the naming format of the PQ, from what I can understand it needs to start with the name given to the PQ followed by a space and then anything else can be added

If it can't be done no worries, as I can work around it.

Jardry
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found
Twitter: Jardry

Post by Jardry » 10 February 10 8:29 am

Fuddley wrote:Macro is call "PQ Loader" it automatically grabs the queries from the server and loads them into the DB of the same name.
Details here

It nice in the fact that if you have different PQs that you want in different DBs, it is all done automatically, and you don't have to be a programmer to work it out. I think the issue is in the naming format of the PQ, from what I can understand it needs to start with the name given to the PQ followed by a space and then anything else can be added

If it can't be done no worries, as I can work around it.
PqLoader uses the first word in the PQ title to load that PQ into a specific database.
As "Geocaching" is the first word in the GCA PQ, I created a database named "Geocaching" and all GCA caches are now unzipped into this database.

Any PQ's which don't match a GSAK database name can be loaded into a "default" database that you can select.

Hope this helps!

Fuddley

Post by Fuddley » 10 February 10 8:48 am

Thanks Jardry, that may work fine, but I have more than one GCA query and would like to load them into different DBs so need the ability to name them accordingly. I thought it was working on the name of the Zipped file. in my case it will automatically down load the file 1666.zip, but not load it to a DB as it is not named correctly (at minimum there needs to be a space between the last 6 and .zip), I could try making a DB named 1666.zip, or if the file was able to be named My_GCA 1666.zip all would be well. I think :-k

Fuddley

Post by Fuddley » 10 February 10 9:43 am

Looking at this again, I am not sure that it is the name of the zipped file that makes the difference, but it is the name of the Query. Not sure how this works, but it seems to be linked to the Subject line in the email also. As Jardry said, GCA queries start with the word "Geocaching" GC ones just have the name of the query. So I guess that as the PQ Loader only looks at the first word in the Query name if the GCA ones could be re-jigged to put the Query name first followed by the number and Geocaching Australia etc. then it should work. :-k

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 February 10 10:33 am

Can you please post the name of the email that comes from GC and the one that comes from GCA.
I'll then look to see whether we can add the name of your query to the email title.

Fuddley

Post by Fuddley » 10 February 10 5:38 pm

Ok I have had a play with it and it does seem to be related to the "Subject" line of the email.

The Subject line with a GC Query is "[GEO] Pocket Query: Albury 1"
Albury 1 being the name of the Query, as Albury is the first word the query will be place into my "Albury" DB

The suject line with a GCA Query is "[GEO] Pocket Query: Geocaching Australia - 1744.zip - Description: MyLocationless"

with Geocaching being the first word, PQLoader tries to find a DB called Geocaching, and tries to place all GCA queries into that.

If you could change the format of the subject line to read something like "[GEO] Pocket Query: MyLocationless - 1744.zip - Geocaching Australia" it should work. I have tried this several time now by changing the subject line and forwarding the query to my query email address and it seems to work fine. (important thing to note is that there needs to be a space between the Query name and any other information in the subject line)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 February 10 7:02 pm

OK done.
Check your email as I ran your My Query for today (one, twice, maybe thrice).
If you get 3, sorry about that.
If it works, then wheee!
If it doesn't, then report back here.

Fuddley

Post by Fuddley » 10 February 10 8:43 pm

Worked perfectly =D> =D>

only hope that the change does not upset any one else's filters etc.

Thanks for the help, hopefully this should make it easier for others to automate the retrieval and use of the GCA Queries, as well.

Cheers

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 February 10 9:21 pm

I expect not. The usual "email" macro looks for [GEO] Pocket Query: and as that's still there it should be fine.