Editing caches on external sites?

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
SUBYDAZZ
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Editing caches on external sites?

Post by SUBYDAZZ » 27 January 08 4:15 pm

Just a question:

If I go to the GCA page of one of my geocaches that are listed on an external site, it still gives me the menu item to "edit" cache. What happens if I edit from here, it says changes saved but it appears nothing actually happens?

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 27 January 08 5:46 pm

Well, what were you expecting to happen?!

I'm sure it's there so there doesn't need to be a whole different page for off-site caches.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Re: Editing caches on external sites?

Post by CraigRat » 27 January 08 8:41 pm

SUBYDAZZ wrote:Just a question:

If I go to the GCA page of one of my geocaches that are listed on an external site, it still gives me the menu item to "edit" cache. What happens if I edit from here, it says changes saved but it appears nothing actually happens?
It's a hangover from when we used to show GC.COM cache details here.
Editing a GC cache here will have NO effect on most things that you'll be able to see on the GCA pages except perhaps if you change lat/lon the cache will move on the google maps until the next update changes it back......

The one thing is IS useful for is for archiving your caches that have been archived on GC (given we don't get a notification that a cache has been archived.... it is quicker if you kill it here yourself)

SUBYDAZZ
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by SUBYDAZZ » 28 January 08 9:12 am

Papa Bear_Left wrote:Well, what were you expecting to happen?!.
Well, I wasn't sure, I was just interested to see it actually did something at all. It seems to bring the text of the GC.com listing into a box that you can edit / change / whatever - just as you would for GCA listed caches. And then you can save the changes, but yeah, nothing actually changes. I just thought it a bit odd :)