mobile.geocaching.com.au

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 18 April 08 3:25 pm

No hurry. I think I mentioned it previously, and wasn't sure it was 'heard'. Hope I haven't sounded pushy.

BTW - I greatly appreciate the work you guys do on the website.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 24 April 08 9:03 pm

Can a "Send to Nokia Navigator" link be added for those with Nokia 6110 Naviagotors and n95s? :) That would be a very cool feature! Click on the link and Navigator opens and auto-routes to the cache.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 24 April 08 9:18 pm

Damo. wrote:Can a "Send to Nokia Navigator" link be added for those with Nokia 6110 Naviagotors and n95s? :) That would be a very cool feature! Click on the link and Navigator opens and auto-routes to the cache.
I would have no idea even where to start.
Is this a function that's available somewhere else?
Maybe I can look and steal, er, um, understand how to do it.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 25 April 08 6:57 am

On second thoughts, Nokia Navigator decides it is close enough at <10m and just says you have arrived.
http://www.geocachenavigator.com/ is what I have been using for caching recently. Doesn't seem to have the functionality to do what I have suggested though. :cry: No gca caches either.
Works fine for gc caches but integrating with the routing for driving instructions to the next cache would be good.
Might have to wait until another suitable geocaching program comes along.

crew 153
9000 or more caches found
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 23 July 08 12:44 pm

I just gave the system a run and found that after I select a state and get the latest list of caches and then use the search for a keyword, I get a list of the selected caches for all states. Can this be done by remembering the selected state?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 23 July 08 4:58 pm

As we can't persist a cookie on the phone (we assume you're using this site from a phone), we don't know where you've were just before you sent the query.

I'll have a look but I don't think there will be much success, but I'll let you know.

terryjack

Post by terryjack » 23 July 08 7:17 pm

Just a little information for Pre-paid users, you can purchase a datapack which is heaps cheaper than using it off just credit, they come i think in bundles of $15,20,30,50 dont quote me on those prices though, call *100# then 1 for my prepaid then 3 then 2 for your options, for contract users i believe you can change your contract to include data use, again much cheaper than normal use without datapacks

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 11 August 08 9:23 pm

Used the mobile version the other day and noticed the changes to the front page. Thank you for moving the button to below the text field. Doesn't sound like much, but it made a huge difference. Thank you.