uploading logs of archived event caches [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
energizer61
300 or more found
300 or more found

uploading logs of archived event caches [closed]

Post by energizer61 » 07 October 05 7:34 am

Hey Guys,

I'm stuck, trying to help cachingdynamo get his stats right on here. He attended the Wet weather caching event GCQJ3W, & I can't get his log on my copy of GSAK to be able to import it, probably for the same reason it hasn't came through the feeds to this site?

It doesn't come through with the normal GPX email, because it's archived. when I download a GPX manually from the other site, I think it must only download with the last 5 logs, but a few people have logged as attending on the wrong date, which puts cachingdynamos log outside the last 5. How can i get his log into GSAK so i can import it?

There must be a simple way, i just can't see it for the trees ;)

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Re: uploading logs of archived event caches

Post by riblit » 07 October 05 10:06 am

energizer61 wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm stuck, trying to help cachingdynamo get his stats right on here. He attended the Wet weather caching event GCQJ3W, & I can't get his log on my copy of GSAK to be able to import it, probably for the same reason it hasn't came through the feeds to this site?

It doesn't come through with the normal GPX email, because it's archived. when I download a GPX manually from the other site, I think it must only download with the last 5 logs, but a few people have logged as attending on the wrong date, which puts cachingdynamos log outside the last 5. How can i get his log into GSAK so i can import it?

There must be a simple way, i just can't see it for the trees ;)
You could try asking CraigRat if he has a copy of the log in question.

Horus
Totally Clueless(tm)

Re: uploading logs of archived event caches

Post by Horus » 07 October 05 12:04 pm

energizer61 wrote: . . . .but a few people have logged as attending on the wrong date, which puts cachingdynamos log outside the last 5. How can i get his log into GSAK so i can import it?
<p>
Whoops, guilty as charged your honour - don't know why I put the 2nd, I've corrected mine - don't know if it'll get updated given the cache is archived.
<p>
There are about 5 peoples logs missing on this site (and in GPX files all over the place) - probably because of the 5 log limit GC imposes. I know CraigRat has the logs in his database, I'm sure you'll find it will all heal itself sometime tonight :wink:

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 07 October 05 1:02 pm

Fixerated :wink:

energizer61
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by energizer61 » 07 October 05 3:56 pm

thanks Guys, I knew if I posted a message before I went to work it'd be fixed by the time i got home, you're just too efficient :):)

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 07 October 05 4:05 pm

energizer61 wrote:thanks Guys, I knew if I posted a message before I went to work it'd be fixed by the time i got home, you're just too efficient :):)
Lucky co-incidence.. I updated my database logs last night!

Glad to help!