updating stars [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
edmil
1000 or more caches found

updating stars [closed]

Post by edmil » 10 August 05 7:56 am

How do I get the stars under my forum details. I have tried the link to update your stars (thought it might have been my horoscope - only kiddin). When I complete the details and send it tells me I'm coming from an unauthorised domain. When I click back in the browser and retry the result is the same. On another note thanks for updating my user name hade no problems logging in. At least so far so good it seemed to come up ok using the cookie. :?:

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 10 August 05 9:31 am

Seems to work Ok from here on the link?

I have a backlog of a barrow load of caches I havent had time to log (Or can't be bothered) so added a couple to throw me over the next Star mark.

Reply from page:

Your request has been sent and will be attended to shortly.

Congratulatons on finding 450 squillion + caches, Team Piggy

return to the forum

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Re: updating stars

Post by riblit » 10 August 05 10:12 am

edmil wrote:How do I get the stars under my forum details. I have tried the link to update your stars (thought it might have been my horoscope - only kiddin). When I complete the details and send it tells me I'm coming from an unauthorised domain. When I click back in the browser and retry the result is the same. On another note thanks for updating my user name hade no problems logging in. At least so far so good it seemed to come up ok using the cookie. :?:
Did you try the test on the stars page? (click on the treasure chest and follow the instructions)

edmil

May have got it working

Post by edmil » 14 August 05 11:12 pm

Fter checking out the test on the update stars page. I sent of an E-mail with the results. It appears as if my Norton Internet security was the culprit. Turned it off while I updated stars. This time message got through without the error. Thanks for the heads up on Norton security as the possible cause. :)

Team Piggy

Re: May have got it working

Post by Team Piggy » 15 August 05 10:20 am

edmil wrote: Norton security as the possible cause. :)
Used to run that years ago, it was "always" the cause :(