Mates, Friends, On nodding terms.

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
acts2youthgroup
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Mates, Friends, On nodding terms.

Post by acts2youthgroup » 16 April 05 10:09 am

Was just taking a look at the Friends/Mates/on nodding terms and wondered how you guys work this out?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 16 April 05 11:22 am

It's based on the number of finds another cacher has made on the same day that you have found teh same cache.

eg. If you and I turn up at the same cache on the same day (even if not at the same time), we go into the first group.

The more time we end up at the same caches on the same days the higher our 'budiness' becomes.

I thinks it's in groups of either 10 or 20.

acts2youthgroup

Post by acts2youthgroup » 16 April 05 11:33 am

Thanks that answers that

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 16 April 05 3:54 pm

Just be aware it also takes into account locationless caches, so you may end up with "on nodding terms" mates from across the world :? :lol:

Personally i think that locationless caches should be taken out of this equation :roll:

Agsmky

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 17 April 05 5:11 pm

The whole system is completely bogus it says IÂ’m mates with Bronze I wouldnÂ’t mate with him if he was the last women on earth. :twisted:

Team Red Roo
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Roo » 17 April 05 11:18 pm

From the way you two guys talk to each other, I (and probably others as well) thought that you were made for each other. :lol: :lol: :lol:

CarrollEyre
200 or more found
200 or more found

Re: Mates, Friends, On nodding terms.

Post by CarrollEyre » 17 September 11 8:37 am

I was wondering if Event organizers can be entered into the formula for "Mates". The CEyres have run a few events (Geosports) and there are a handful of cachers who have turned up to every event (redtag, Cheesypigs, Dippedidooda) and we would say they are closer to us (both personally and caching wise) than being on "Nodding terms".
The alternative I guess would be to say that we attended every event, a process that we have not considered as we thought it would be obvious to attend your own event.
Cheers

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 17 September 11 8:55 am

CarrollEyre wrote:The alternative I guess would be to say that we attended every event, a process that we have not considered as we thought it would be obvious to attend your own event.
Cheers
Logging an 'attended' on an event you hold is perfectly acceptable. You did attend after all!

CarrollEyre
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by CarrollEyre » 17 September 11 10:51 am

And that is a bit of logic that eluded us because of the extrapolation of the concept of logging your own cache. We never logged our own events because we never log our own traditional caches as found....though a couple have shocking cases of cache drift and deserve to be logged as found. :)
Anyway thinking about it and deciding that meeting cachers at your own event is worthy of a wonderful find :lol: :lol: then we are going to update our own logs..... Some cachers have proven to be lovely valuable friends who we look forward to seeing again and again. Great finds!
They are more than being "on nodding terms". :!:

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 18 September 11 11:12 pm

CarrollEyre wrote: Anyway thinking about it and deciding that meeting cachers at your own event is worthy of a wonderful find :lol: :lol: then we are going to update our own logs..... Some cachers have proven to be lovely valuable friends who we look forward to seeing again and again. Great finds!
Some people have an issue with you logging your own event - personally I don't. Though there are those who think you shouldn't get a hide and a find smilie for the one event, and I can see that logic as well. Each to their own, and if you feel happy attending your own event then do so (as I do).

Just one thought that comes to mind - if you are going to retrospectively attend these now archived events, the faeries won't automagically see the logs (it's to do with the dark side of the arcane forces not sending info on archived caches) so you will need to generate a My Finds query and import it (or download and import each event GPX separately) to get those finds in your stats.