APRIL FOOLS Forum account suspension for big mouths [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Mix
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 01 April 05 6:54 pm

Mind Socket wrote:Let's rustle up a fake Earthquake appeal cache page and link to it from the forum in protest.

- Rog
or a help renovate my bathroom event cache.
<br>
on another note here's a quote for you all <br>
<br>
The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right. ~ Mark Twain

sc00t
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by sc00t » 01 April 05 7:06 pm

i guess thats a lesson learnt.....i should be working not reading this forum!

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 01 April 05 7:27 pm

hehehehe....Good one Mind Socket 8) Fortunately no blood was shed, though given it another hour and swampgecko may have shifted camp elsewhere :twisted:

Agsmky

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 01 April 05 7:33 pm

agsmky wrote:hehehehe....Good one Mind Socket 8) Fortunately no blood was shed, though given it another hour and swampgecko may have shifted camp elsewhere :twisted:

Agsmky
my excuse??...... I had a killer migrane(6panadol effort), tired, and was brain dead from typing up and submitting job resumes and covering letters.....

Anyone looking for a professional geocacher? I have forklift and cherry picker licences for those hard to get at caches....

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 02 April 05 12:56 am

Sorry, if you came with i!'s chopper I might have put in a good word :D

That's my goal, win lotto, get a chopper licence and buy one, then hit every remote SA cache on a weekend. Then see how asks how I did it :evil:

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 02 April 05 2:41 am

Would you bog the chopper too ? :P

Mix

Post by Mix » 02 April 05 4:50 pm

today I heard a guy say the internet if ruining AFD because by the time he goes to play a joke everybodyÂ’s favourite website has reminded them what day it is with a joke. I go to four sites every day without fail and 3 of them had AFD jokes. One clamed to be shut down permanently, another kept going psychodelic and this thread is the third. One guess which site I go to daily did not get in the spirit.

Mix

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsi ... 401083.stm

xf king
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by xf king » 02 April 05 9:22 pm

April Fools lol... I read it only today being the 2/4/05 so I thought it was serious till I read on.. I didn't even think of april fools anymore. But I would have been outraged if it was true. lol good joke guys.

Richary

Post by Richary » 02 April 05 11:07 pm

Team Piggy wrote:Would you bog the chopper too ? :P
On a beach that soft, quite possible. Land and find it has sunk to the rotor blades before you get out :lol:

elmofreak
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by elmofreak » 03 April 05 12:42 am

Damn it was only a joke??
<p>
Woulda kept all them Tasmanians and Territorians quiet and all ;) (checks out cache density) :twisted:

Team Red Devil
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Devil » 03 April 05 3:34 am

Darn it. It was nice knowin all you folks.

If the forums kickin off big mouths....then I bet I'm on that list somewheres... :P :P :twisted: :twisted:

Marie
*Who is NOT easily offended*

Partic
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/partic
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Partic

But then some can't always find a joke funny...

Post by Partic » 03 April 05 11:27 am

At least no one had to swing into urgent action to save lives for this thread. The gag at Middle Park in Melbourne caused havoc with some government agencies.

And it all could have been watched from cach (MMM) Tommy's Story http://geocaching.com.au/cache/gcmqyf

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, but no pranks
Brendan Roberts
02apr05

A WOMAN who drove from Werribee to Brighton to help save a pod of beached dolphins was feeling put out after discovering it was an April Fool's Day joke.

Sandy Glenn, 57, heard reports of the beached dolphins on a Melbourne radio station and drove from her Werribee home to Brighton beach to offer help. She was "upset and very angry" to find she was on the wrong end of a prank.

"I heard the report and I thought 'I've got to get out there and try to save them'," Ms Glenn said.

"All the way from Werribee, it's a bloody long way to go, and I was so upset when I found out."

One Herald Sun reader said that on reaching the beach, she was surprised and a little red-faced to discover several Dolphin torches lining the shore.

A similar gag sucked in several Melbourne radio stations and their listeners. Gullible listeners made their way to Middle Park Beach to lend a hand to 10 "needle nose" dolphins supposedly washed ashore.

Those reading between the lines would have picked up the tongue-in-cheek gag about syringe problems on the beach after last month's storms.

A spokeswoman from Port Phillip Council admitted to the prank. But despite a firm rap over the knuckles from the Department of Sustainability and Environment, the spokeswoman was adamant it was all in fun.

"The April Fool joke obviously needled a few people. It certainly stirred up the Friends of Flipper," the spokeswoman quipped.

Melbourne talkback host Neil Mitchell also failed to see the funny side when a caller named "Bob" rang in claiming to be a marketing representative from the TAC.

He claimed fictional plans by the TAC and Carlton & United Breweries to launch an alcohol-free beer had been put on ice after Richmond footballer Jay Schulz was booked for speeding and drink-driving on Thursday.

After twigging to the gag an unimpressed Mitchell promptly flicked the switch on "Bob".

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common ... 62,00.html

Mix

Post by Mix » 03 April 05 1:13 pm

The best prank was the Production Diary video for Day 123 of king kong at http://www.kongisking.net/index.shtml <br>
They claimed that KING KONG was going to be made into a trilogy with the sequels being about ‘Son of Kong’ <br>
At the point when they said King Kong’s son was going to help fight the Nazis, and started showing pre vis animation of Son of Kong’s shoulder mounted gun turrets I though ‘What!’, then remembered the date.

Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found

Post by Team Pathfinder » 05 April 05 11:07 am

I find the concept grossly unfair to those of us who live in remote areas and dont have the opportunity to geocache.

When we are in the built-up regions we get our regular fix but when back home rely on the forums to keep up to date. I guess that there are too many geocachers in our situation but would find it yet another case of discrimination against us remote living folk. :( :(

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 05 April 05 11:09 am

Whoops :oops: :oops: :oops:

That will teach me to read page one only :oops: :oops: