GCA and printer friendly

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

GCA and printer friendly

Post by swampgecko » 31 January 05 6:59 am

Gentlemen,

I just printed off the list of logs that I have on GCA, to compare it to the list of finds I have against gc.com, and it took 10 pages of paper, but there was a hiccup, The list of caches found, after the first three pages, started to creep across the page to the right by 50% of its width. So that by the time the 7th page printed out, the column of cache finds was only showing the first few letters of each cache and the date. Secondly once the column was finished there was three more pages printed out, headers and footers relating to the website as generated by the print manager, but nothing else on the pages. I am using Mozilla FireFox as my browser, so the pages were resized to suite printing by Firefox. When I swap over to IE, it wants to print 22 pages out, without the coumn creep nor the blank pages at the end.

Any chance of maybe implementing a printer friendly page selection process in the future?

ideology

Post by ideology » 03 February 05 9:53 pm

bizarre - it's just a html table! we must have an error in our html. sorry, we'll take a look

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 03 February 05 11:53 pm

ideology wrote:bizarre - it's just a html table! we must have an error in our html. sorry, we'll take a look
Have a look at the page the lizard referenced in Firefox print preview. The fun starts on page 4.<p>
It seems to lose the position for the frontcolumn class.

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 04 February 05 8:47 am

When I print pages on GC.com (or any html for that matter) I get black blocks at the end of each line. This only happens at work it works fine at home so it's somthing to do with the printer setup.

Has anyone had this? Did you fix it?

Mostly I cut & paist cache pages now. I have 1 A4 page with 2 multis and 2 normal caches on it - so much for printer friendly on GC.com :roll:

A bit off topic but printer related :wink: