FAQ - logging secondary-listed caches on gca

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 14 January 05 7:01 pm

Looks like the party line is going to be leave my caches alone if you are not going to log them on their parent site.

Fair enough I respect your wishes in this matter, and just for reference, I was never going to log finds against caches that were listed on gc.com, on the GCA site. (does that make sense??) Maybe I should have said "hypotheticly speaking" in there somewhere originally....

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 15 January 05 12:10 am

Hi Swampy

I will always be logging on the site the caches were placed. So if placed on gc then that is where I will put the data, then all future finders can see the log. If the cache is logged only on the .au site then that is where I will log it. Only seems fair to the person who placed it.

Still thinking if I want to only list caches on .au

Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 15 January 05 3:45 pm

richary wrote:I will always be logging on the site the caches were placed. So if placed on gc then that is where I will put the data, then all future finders can see the log. If the cache is logged only on the .au site then that is where I will log it. Only seems fair to the person who placed it.
<p>
This is the approach I will also be taking. The exception being caches listed on say Navicache which are also listed at gc.com and/or gca.com or elswhere.
<p>
Andrew

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 16 January 05 2:47 am

I think I'll stick with Groundspeak for the caches they will accept, and list caches on .AU that Groundspeak don't approve of.

As for logs, I like the idea of data all staying together in one place. That would basically mean that it needs to be logged on the hosting site.

The courtesty factor comes into it too, but I can see i!'s point about better it be listed in the 'wrong' place, than not listed at all.

My 2c