10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia

Post by 2y'stassies » 29 May 22 10:29 am

Thanks for this addition. They look really good. \:D/ \:D/

caughtatwork

Needs Maintenance and Needs Archiving

Post by caughtatwork » 02 June 22 9:45 am

Two new flags have been set at Geocaching Australia.

Needs Archiving
A Needs Archiving flag will be set with the log date when a "Needs Archiving" log is created.

This will be used by the administration team to review geocaches that "Need Archiving" 30 days or more after the flag is set. If the administrator decides there is no action, they can remove it by logging an "Admin Review" against the cache with an explanation.

The flag can be unset by the cache owner creating a "Maintained" log on the geocache page. Simply deleting the "Needs Archiving" log does not remove the flag.

The Needs Archiving date will be displayed on the geocache listing page showing you when it was set so you can determine whether the cache is worth seeking.

The flag date is not yet selectable in a My Query and that will come in time.

Needs Maintenance
A Needs Maintenanceflag will be set with the log date when a "Needs Maintenance" log is created.

This will be used by the administration team to review geocaches that "Need Maintenance" 30 days or more after the flag is set. If the administrator decides there is no action, they can remove it by logging an "Admin Review" against the cache with an explanation.

The flag can be unset by the cache owner creating a "Maintained" log on the geocache page. Simply deleting the "Needs Archiving" log does not remove the flag.

The Needs Maintenance date will also be displayed on the geocache listing page showing you when it was set so you can determine whether the cache is worth seeking.

The date is not yet selectable in a My Query and that will come in time.

We hope that these flags will assist you in determining whether you want to seek a geocache or not and to help keep the system clear of those caches which fall into disrepair.

caughtatwork

My Query updates, crypt logs and deletion

Post by caughtatwork » 10 June 22 10:31 am

Three new things at Geocaching Australia this morning.

1. The ability to filter on caches that Needs Maintenance and Should be Archived have been added to the My Query tool. You can now exclude geocaches that have either or both actions set so you can avoid geocaches that may be under the weather.

2. The ability of a geocache OWNER to crypt (encrypt and decrypt) logs on a geocache if they feel that there may be spoilers involved. On a geocache that you OWN look for a small shield to the right hand side of each log. Clicking that icon will crypt the log to or from plain text. A text line "Log Encrypted by Geocache Owner or Geocaching Australia Administrator" will be added when you encrypt the log and removed when you decrypt the log.

3. The ability for a LOG owner for an externally listed geocache to remove their own log. This is needed as occasionally we get a duplicate in the feed and rather than having to wait for an admin to remove the duplicate, you can now choose to do that yourself. You will be challenged to confirm your deletion and when the log is deleted it can not be recovered other than importing the log again. Note that the method of deleting GCA logs remains the same. i.e. Edit the log then select delete.

If you can any issues with any of this new functionality, please let us know in the Report Issues Here thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19288

Enjoy.