Difference in find numbers [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Difference in find numbers [closed]

Post by Rabbitto » 08 January 05 6:06 pm

The Cache Avenues, Boulevards and Thoroughfares #1 has been found 8 times since the start of January. If you click on the cache page it says 8 and there are 8 loggers listed. On the Aus and Vic pages, the small boxes both show the finds as 5. Has the code stopped picking up the correct numbers on these pages?

Rabbitto

Post by Rabbitto » 08 January 05 6:09 pm

OK what happened! straight after posting this I went in and rechecked and they had corrected. Who's playing games with my brain? Did it update because I clicked on the cache page?

maccamob
10000 or more caches found

Post by maccamob » 08 January 05 6:45 pm

Rabbitto wrote:OK what happened! straight after posting this I went in and rechecked and they had corrected. Who's playing games with my brain? Did it update because I clicked on the cache page?
Nah! I think various folks may have been tied up with the recent debate on the fora, and a couple of days went by without updates. Then again, that may be just a coincidence. Whatever the reason, seems the updates are now flowing again.

ideology

Post by ideology » 08 January 05 7:23 pm

it could be that we recalculate the statistics every hour and you saw some old stats, then refreshed the page just after the hour and got the new stats

we used to calculate the statistics on the fly but it was making the pages too slow!

maccamob

Post by maccamob » 08 January 05 8:06 pm

Thanks for that, i!. I think it was more than just stats though. Logs from 6th Jan didn't appear till this afternoon. Normally they would have appeared yesterday.

ideology

Post by ideology » 08 January 05 8:22 pm

aha, you're right