Mystery of the Crystal Caverns - lost digs

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
geono.
7000 or more caches found

Mystery of the Crystal Caverns - lost digs

Post by geono. » 21 April 24 11:37 am

The 2nd Crystal Cavern showed I had all the required shards and research materials for the game to move on to the next cavern though nothing happened. Going out of it and back in made it move to the 3rd Cavern but in the process I lost the remaining (something like 23) available digs. Just need some clarification if this is right or have I been swindled...?

caughtatwork

Re: Mystery of the Crystal Caverns - lost digs

Post by caughtatwork » 21 April 24 11:56 am

We have no intent to defraud you of anything. It's described in the quest information on the quest page.

https://geocaching.com.au/my/dragonzone ... talcaverns
The number of times you can dig is restricted to the numbers of hides and finds that you make. When you start to explore a cavern only finds and hides on or after that date will be available. When you move to a new cavern only finds and hides on or after that new date apply. Any additional hides or finds prior to that date will not be carried forward or available. You can't build up too big an excavation backlog to hit everything at once. You should explore as you hide and find.

geono.

Re: Mystery of the Crystal Caverns - lost digs

Post by geono. » 21 April 24 1:16 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I can see I need to do more regular digging in future.